Thursday, December 3, 2009

Presenting Mack and Cheryl Miner

Saturday evening was Mack and Cheryl's big night...the wedding!
The ceremony was held at what I believe was a state park and there were police men out making sure random people couldn't get in. This is the kind of thing only a county commissioner could pull off :-). We had to check in with one officer as we drove into the parking lot area and then as we started walking into the woods this officer asked us if we were with the wedding party...because we were obviously dressed like we were there for a lovely nature walk :-). He was pretty excited when I asked if we could take a picture with him though!
Mike had the camera most the night and did a great job of capturing everything. He and I were the first couple to walk down the aisle which worked out well for that although it was getting too dark for our little camera to get clear shots.
It was an intimate group and such a fun evening. I love Cheryl's taste and style and thought everything was put together in such a simple and classy way.
Enjoy :-)!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Cheryl with her sisters Carla and Cristin.
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Waiting to make our entrance.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
The girls did such a good job! They both thought throwing the little flower petals was so fun and didn't seem phased at all by the people watching them. Go Ella and Addie :-)!
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
The cute little ring bearer Talan. His mom Terra threw Cheryl her super cute bridal shower and was SO nice (I want to be her friend too :-). I have a picture of them all at the reception later, but she is pregnant with another little boy and they are using Mack's middle name, Partridge, as the middle name of their new little guy...what an honor!
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I always forget to get pictures of our own little family at these weddings...and I always make sure we all coordinate too. Oh well :-). I wish the one of my parents would have turned out better.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
We took a few group pictures with the photographer, and then on to the reception!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Any guesses which card is ours :-)?
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Our one shot of the happy couple...
Photobucket
The girls were thrilled when we told them they could make s'mores! That was the highlight of their camping trip this summer :-).
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Here is Cheryl's friend Terra and her family.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I thought it was such a cute idea to have pictures of all the parents and grandparents when they were married up!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
All the Miner girls...me, Kayley, Cheryl and Hope.
Photobucket
I handed Preston off to Jack to take the picture and then forgot about him for a little while :-), but he was very content with Jack (and didn't even spit up on him!).
Photobucket
Hope really LOVES these pictures so I just have to post them :-)!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Happy Preston...and their bubble filled departure.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
The End.
No more family weddings for us until the next batch of kids gets a little older :-).
Kayley, Scott and our family had decided to head back to Texas right from the reception. We changed and started to get loaded up again. Luckily we were parked right next to a playground and Kayley helped the girls get out all their wiggles before we settled in for our long drive home. As we drove by downtown Jacksonville there was THE most amazing fireworks display I have ever seen. Tons and tons of fireworks were going off from all around the city. I tried to get some pictures as we drove by but none of them turned out. Once we were too far to really capture it anymore Mike said I should have just taken a video, oh well. Next time :-).
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
The drive home went smoothly and we pulled in to Houston a little before 11am. It was nice to get home early enough to get unpacked and settled in before Monday. We even managed to put our tree up before going to bed EARLY that night.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Now, back to real life again.

7 comments:

Sarah S said...

Fun pictures! Cheryl looked so beautiful - love the wedding dress. And that picture of Mack and Cheryl is great - I love how happy they look! It was fun seeing the video too... weddings make me teary even when I'm not there in person! How silly is that :) Your parents were so cute in the video too.

Christina said...

Looks like perfection! Cheryl has something about her I tell ya! It's in her eyes! Looks like such a sweet person! I am so happy for Mark (Mack) that he has found such a beauty!

The girls were beautifully dressed, and so was your WHOLE family! You looked stunning in that out fit!

Katie B said...

How lovely! Cheryl just fits right in with you Miner girls, doesn't she? Congrats to Mack and Cheryl!

The Chrissy Herself said...

How beautiful! I really like her style too! And I just have to comment on how great your high-waisted attire was for the wedding! And I love the blouse on top... I did something very similar when we spoke on sunday :-)
I hope I get to meet Cheryle someday!

Diane said...

You look great! Love Cheryl's dress, it reminds me of Chrissy's. Everything looked wonderful, simple and southern. It is so fun to see what each person does for their wedding. I feel like a was there because of your wonderful video...I was doing fine until I saw your mom's teary eyes, then I lost it.

Cheryl Joy said...

Thanks to everyone for their nice comments. :)
Marci, you do such a great job of capturing the details and the feeling of each day. Thanks for taking the time to post all these pictures and the video. Mark and I have watched the video over and over! I didn't know I was bouncing when I said my vows. :) We also didn't remember everyone clapping and cheering!
The day went by SO fast. It is nice to be able to look back on it.
I, like Diane, love your parents sweet expression in the picture and the video.
:)

Carla Jean said...

It was so fun to see the video because in person I saw Mark's expression, not Cheryl's, as they said their vows! (One of my favorite parts of the wedding was watching Mark's grin as Cheryl came down the aisle, of course. And, y'know, the part where my baby sister married a great guy and the love of her life.)