Thursday, January 14, 2010

8 Months Old

Preston turned 8 months old yesterday!
Where has time gone?! I wish I could hit pause and keep him this age a little longer :-).
At 8 months Preston is busy as can be. He is a speedy little crawler and is cruising along the furniture too. He knows there are some things he isn't supposed to touch...like the moss in the tree or the DVR buttons...but those are his favorite things to get into, of course. He always pauses and smiles at you before proceeding to get them :-).
He is slowly warming up to his baby food, but still prefers his bottle and other random items he finds on the floor (things found in his mouth: moss, leaves, crayon wrappers, feathers from the down blanket, an eyeshadow case, Ella's barbie make-up powder pad (which he was gagging on), more leaves, grass, small plastic animal, small pieces of paper, etc.). I'm really trying to train the girls not to leave small things on the floor, but it is hard for them and we just have to watch him really closely.
Preston had a rough month health wise. It was the first time he'd been sick and I hated it! He just seemed so sad. He was sick for more than half of it and I was getting worried his personality would never be the same again. Luckily, his smiles have returned! He has become quite attached to me though and when he is tired will scream his little head off and follow me around, trying to climb up my legs, if I set him down for even a moment. As soon as I pick him up it immediately stops (Mike thinks this is hilarious).
Preston still adores his sisters. He loves to watch them and is a good sport when they play with him, even if "playing" involves Addie forcefully putting a plastic baby bottle in his mouth.
He is starting to sit and "listen" to stories a little bit, but still prefers eating the books instead.
He is "talking" more and Ella gets very concerned whenever he says "Mamama" and I'm not holding him.
She will run to me and say "Preston is calling you! He wants you!!!"
He is sleeping better...typically from 7:30pm to 6:45am, at which point he is starving so I feed him a bottle and he goes right back to sleep until at least 9:30am. I am hoping as he starts to eat more solids, his tummy will be full longer and he will sleep in a little later and then be up for awhile after we feed him.
He waves hi (in a Hitler-esque fashion) and laughs hard when you kiss his neck and tummy and when you play peek-a-boo.
We love our little man :-)!
Months 2, 3, 4
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Months 5, 6, 7
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Month 8
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
"That was fun mom, but I'm outta here!"
(thank you to Addie for assisting me in keeping the bears head up :-)

11 comments:

Katie B said...

That drool trail is amazing. Also, "He waves hi (in a Hitler-esque fashion)" very much made me laugh :)

Kirsten said...

I can't believe he is 8 months already! I love how you do those pictures with the bear - its so fun to watch him grow!

Kayley said...

I can't believe he's already 8 months old either! He just keeps getting cuter and cuter!

Diane said...

We love that little man too:)

Indecently, Mike used to cry and try to crawl up my leg too. As soon as I picked him up, he stopped crying. My grandmother thought he was spoiled. He wasn't spoiled, he was tired. and irresistibly cute.

Cheryl Joy said...

I love how you mentioned his wave being hitler-esque. :)

Jennifer Gibbs Kambourian said...

Such a cutey!! I love the age-progression photos...that's a great way to show how much he's grown! ...and the drool...priceless!

Michaelson Family said...

I am always amazed to see what Preston is doing. Cicilee isn't that far behind him (age wise) but hasn't mastered crawling (we are just getting around to the army crawl/pull.) She doesn't talk yet either. He is just a smart kiddo! What a stud too! We'll have to introduce them when they get older. :)

Kim said...

I love the drool too. Cute kiddo.

Diane said...

I just re-read my comment. I meant to say incidentally. One word changes everything :) Guess I should stick to words I can spell.

KelleyAnne said...

Note to Mother Time....please stop!

Sarah S said...

Preston is so cute!! I can't believe he's 8 months already. And good luck with the attachment! Does he freak out when you leave him at the gym?? (Charlie is still going majorly ballistic every time I leave him in the kids club)

And Preston's sleeping is impressive!!