Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy Beginning

We were able to spend our last few days before Ella headed back to school today playing at home with all our new Christmas goodies (and letting the kiddos recover from their colds). It has been FREEZING here (for Houston) and I have no desire to go anywhere :-)! But being stuck at home has been relaxing and has allowed us to get caught up and back on our schedule after all the holiday fun!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Addie helped me build these Lincoln Logs houses yesterday while Ella played at Johnny's and she was so proud of herself...she's finally big enough to not knock them over :-).
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Goodbye lazy mornings hanging out in our warm winter jammies :-(!
Photobucket
Ella created all this dress-up outfits and was so proud...they each had a dress, shoes, crown and wand or wings.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
While the girls were helping me make Lemon Chicken Puff for dinner, Ella finally mastered opening eggs. She has tried many times before and was really excited. I was taking pictures and she wanted me to "make a movie" of it :-).
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And some recent Ella writings (and a picture of her and Preston which she requested I take):
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
(She doesn't leave this on their door all the time, but keeps it in her desk and hangs it up periodically :-)
And we have no idea about this one. She left it on Mike's pillow a few days ago.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

8 comments:

Annemarie said...

I am very impressed with her egg cracking abilities! I have a couple of big boys who are still trying to master that one!

The Chrissy Herself said...

I think the 'work lemon' is from the whole saying 'when life give you lemons...' because work is definitely a lemon in that scenario. Ella is just trying to cheer Mike up with some fun allegorical humor!

Katie B said...

Work Lemons? Haha, that cracks me up!

Cheryl Joy said...

Tell Ella that I am VERY impressed by her skills- egg cracking and writing.

Christina said...

Wow! "lemons" that girl is ahead!
Love the dress up outfits, she has style!

Diane said...

she is sooo cute cracking the egg. I am surprised she didn't mind the goo getting on her, Ella doesn't like messy hands.

Steve said...

I have owned a lemon, driven a lemon, worked on a lemon but I have never had a

WORK LEMON.

I want one.

Brittany said...

I love Ella's notes and her phonetic spelling.