Friday, January 15, 2010

My Little Cling-On

Wednesday brought us some beautiful weather...the kind of weather that Houston is supposed to be having right now. We enjoyed it as much as possible, and it's a good thing because the past couple days have been rainy and colder again. Blah!
Preston wasn't too into the leaves...or me setting him down and then walking away. I know, I know, I have some nerve!
We started the day in this outfit. (I ADORE these crying pictures :-)...he's so mad, yet still so cute)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Ok, ok, I'll hold you again...and...instantly happy :-).
PhotobucketPhotobucket
After a nice long nap, I was welcomed with this surprise.
This is one of the main reasons why I put onesies under EVERYTHING. Guess where this one went? Yep, the trash! And guess what was not poop-stained? His cute outfit.
So it was bath time and new outfit time. (and I forgot to mention in his 8 month post that he has recently become absolutely terrified of the bath. I had put his baby tub in our donation pile, but I may have to dig it out again)
Photobucket
Look who has started to buddy up a little more :-).
PhotobucketPhotobucket
After some 8 month bear pictures, it was play time.
At first the leaves seemed ok, strange, but ok. Then I ran inside to get something and Preston freaked.
He never recovered...until I picked him up again.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Addie worked on hitting each and every remaining leaf off the lime "tree" with her stick.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Sometimes having a cling-on can get tiring (especially when Addie decides she wants to be my cling-on for the day), but usually I don't mind. I like knowing that they love me most right now...because gosh darn it they better after all I do for them every day (and night) :-)!
I love his little face in this one.
Photobucket
Photobucket
We all went to wait for Ella and meet her at the bus stop.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Yes, we still need to take our Christmas lights down...I'm sure our neighbors love us.
Photobucket
And then it was Ella's turn to enjoy the backyard for a little while.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
The End.

6 comments:

Annemarie said...

I liked it when my babies were clingy, too. It never lasted long so I just enjoyed it.

Those so, so sad pics of him are very cute!

I think my kids have forgotten what grass looks like...glad you had a warm day!

Cheryl Joy said...

His crying pictures ARE adorable! It's neat to see how cute he looks and not have to hear the cries. :)

The Chrissy Herself said...

Such a cute post! I love the picture of you kissing him and him just as pleased as can be. You will need to refer back to that photo when he's a teen and "too cool for Mom" ;-)

Diane said...

Too bad he doesn't like the leaves, cuz he sure looks cute in them.

Stephanie said...

Your picture of Ella on the swing looks professional, I think you are doing really well even if you don't shoot everything in manual. By the way, the only way I can get the shutter fast enough to not blurr kids is in auto.

Kayley said...

I love the crying pictures too! Annie was clingy with me when I nannied for them... sometimes I HAD to set her down to cook their dinner or something and she would just lay on the floor and freak out until I came and picked her up again- sounds like Preston! :) I hope he's okay when Scott and I babysit tonight!