Monday, January 18, 2010

A REAL Date

The kiddos and I finally went to see Kayley and Scott's cute house Saturday morning while our hubbies were both working. They have lived here for 2 months now, so it was about time :-)! The house was adorable, as I knew it would be, and the girls colored some pictures for her while we were there (Ella's was a story about a bleeding butterfly...interesting).
PhotobucketPhotobucket
That evening Kayley and Scott came to our house to babysit while Mike and I went on our first real date in FOREVER! I'm talking dinner AND a movie here! Which is quite a bit more than our typical Redbox movie at home :-). It was fun to get dressed cute and pretend we didn't have any kids for a few hours...or at least 1 1/2 hours. About 10 minutes into the movie (3D Avatar, which cost a pretty penny to see mind you), I got a text from Kayley that Ella had just thrown up all over. I just couldn't believe the luck! Ella hasn't thrown up in forever, we hadn't been on a date in forever...how could it all happen in the same few hours?! I went out to call Kayley really quick and after she told me Ella said she was feeling fine and was mostly just embarrassed by it all, we decided we would continue with the movie and she would text if anything else happened. Luckily, the rest of the night went smoothly. Dinner was delicious and the movie was really good too (neither of us had originally wanted to see it, but had heard too many good things about it to pass it up in the theater). And we owe a huge thanks to Kayley and Scott for cleaning up throw up! Scott told us when we got home that as he was holding Ella's hair for her she told him she hoped she didn't make anyone else sick. Sweet Ella :-). I'm so glad it was a one-time thing!
Photobucket
Photobucket

7 comments:

The Chrissy Herself said...

Yea, when I gave Ella a hug hello yesterday, she said, "I frew up last night. And had diarrhea."
haha

Cheryl Joy said...

Ah! You guys look so cute in your glasses!

Lindsey said...

You guys are so cute! It's definitely a treat to go to dinner and a movie...kid free. We were joking about it recently; the only dinner and a movie dates we've been on all year were Valentine's Day and our anniversary! Glad you got to enjoy it!

Diane said...

I as thinking, "what a great looking couple'.....then I saw the glasses.

Christina said...

I dig the glasses! Was Avatar really that good? I don't know if I want to go see it... expecially because here it's in Italian YUCK! I detest watching English speaking movies dubbed into Italian. Sad to say that I have practically stopped going to the movies here in Italy and prefer to watch the movie on DVD or downloaded on my TV in its original language! Oh, and they don't have red vines OR milk duds here. So what's the point of even going? Right??? ;-)))) (I'm trying to convince myself that I don't miss the movie theater here...)

The Larrabees said...

The exact same thing happened in our anniversary!! I feel bad for the kids, but boy do they have perfect timing for those things ;)

Sara Jean said...

I'm so happy for you guys! Makes me want to go on a date...

So sad for Ella! No fun to throw up on aunt and uncle. No fun for them either.