Friday, January 29, 2010

So, I just want to brag

Because when I spend $30.70 and save $73.08, I'm feeling pretty proud :-).
Especially when I searched through various blogs to find the coupon match-ups all on my own so I could go early in the day.
Melissa's Bargain Blog now has the best list posted for the Kroger Mega Sale, so check it out. A lot of the coupons are printables, which means if you haven't been cutting coupons from the paper you can steal get some bargains!
So, what did I get for $30?
Pretty much all things that we buy regularly anyway. I even let Mike throw in a couple bags of his favorite Dorito's (not part of the mega sale) and we still did well!
4 Philly 1/3 the fat cream cheeses
3 cans Rotel tomatoes
3 cans Hunt's diced tomatoes
4 boxes Roarin' Waters
2 blocks Kraft cheese
4 bags Kraft cheese cubes/shredded cheese (2%)
2 bags frozen veggies (birds eye/green giant)
2 boxes Texas Toast (Mike loves)
4 bags Chex Mix (the girls' favorite special snack)
1 Oscar Meyer sandwich creation
4 kinds of French's mustard
1 Frank's hot sauce
2 bags Doritos
3 double packs I can't Believe it's not butter spread
1 (1 lb) block 2% Velveeta (perfect for Super Bowl Sunday!)
1 pack Solo plates (perfect for Addie's bday dinner this Sunday)


Thank you :-)!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

You did awesome! I'm ready to go and tackle it myself tomorrow!!

Allie said...

Great job, I did it wednesday too! I love people who put together the lists for us. It helps so much.

Allie said...

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADDIE!
From Jace

Kirsten said...

Way to go! I love looking at my receipt and seeing I saved more than I spent! Of course I've never saved as much as you did this time, but I'm working on it :)

The Chrissy Herself said...

How in the world?!