Saturday, January 2, 2010

We're Going on a Bear Hunt


Photobucket
(wearing our cute hats from Meema, of course)
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We took advantage of the San Antonio "wilderness" to pretend we were part of one of our favorite books :-).
PhotobucketPhotobucket
"We're going on a bear hunt.
We're going to catch a big one.
What a beautiful day!
We're not scared."

Oh no! A mountain!
A big, tall mountain.
"We can't go over it.
We can't go under it."
Photobucket
Oh, no!
We've got to climb up it!
"Stumble trip!
Stumble trip!
Stumble Trip!"
Photobucket
Other obstacles included a "river" (a dried creek), a big road, and grass (that one is actually in the book! although Addie called the grass we saw hay).
Chloe came on the adventure too and spotted a cool heart-shaped rock.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
If only we lived outside and never went inside, maybe I would love all my pictures as much as I love these :-).
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
"One shiny wet nose!
Two big furry ears!
Two big goggly eyes!
IT'S A BEAR!!!!"
Photobucket

8 comments:

Diane said...

Love this post! The text, the photos, everything! I am so glad you got a great shot of all 3 of them with their hats on; when my camera battery died I got so frustrated I didn't get any. The photos of the girls in the grass are wonderful...I got copies of 7 pics from this post:)

Cheryl Joy said...

Great pictures!
(and cute bear)
:)

Steve said...

I've always been afraid of bears in the wild, like when I was camping. But if my grandkids can go on a bear hunt, I guess I can too. Next time you guys go looking for bears, let me know. I might just go with you.
Love Papa.

michele cabiness said...

That is one of our favorite books! In fact, we all have it memorized! What a fun place to go on a bear hunt.

Brittany said...

What a fun adventure! How did I miss that you guys were going on a bear hunt? It sounds so fun. I love these pictures.

Heather said...

Those are the cutest hats on the cutest kids!

Hey Marci - do you add all of your photos to photobucket and design how you want your post to look before you add it? does that make sense? I can't figure out how to put the pictures side by side! UGGGHHHHH!!!!

Stephanie said...

I have enjoyed these Christmas posts so much! I can't even name all the things that look so amazing I wanted to tell you how cute they were. Their hats, the food, the PJs and outfits, Preston's ornament, your cute outfits.

Laurie said...

Very very cute hats!