Monday, February 1, 2010

WIPED out!

I had BIG plans for this weekend...
catch up on laundry, clean the house, go to a wedding, make lots of yummy food for Addie's family bday party, teach Young Women, host the bday party, etc. etc.
Instead I came down with the stomach flu and spent the whole weekend laying in bed.
It really, really stunk! I did absolutely nothing and Mike held down the fort for me (and also went to the store twice to pick up the essentials...gatorade, sprite, chicken with rice soup).
I haven't been that sick in a long, long time. I was completely wiped out.
The good news is that none of the kiddos got it. I was especially worried about Preston catching it from me, but so far, so good.
Being sick STINKS!!!
Here's to a better weekend this time around.
(and to a huge, FUN, delicious Superbowl/Addie's bday/Kayley's bday party this Sunday instead)
Yesterday the girls joined me in bed for awhile and started holding hands while I was reading - so cute...and notice how Mike managed to not include my sick face in the picture :-) - thanks Mike!
Photobucket

9 comments:

The Chrissy Herself said...

That picture is adorable! Sorry you were sick... I HATE being sick. There are few things worse on this planet.

Christina said...

The picture is priceless! Way to go mike! No sick faces!

Cheryl Joy said...

Oh man, oh man. I feel your pain!

Except... I don't have kids and my sick was nose, ears and throat...

But still, being sick does STINK!

I hope you're feeling better. :)

Melissa said...

Ugh - the stomach flu seems to be making the rounds. I ended up with it yesterday. Hopefully our kids don't get it!

Brittany said...

That is so sweet that they held hands! I'm glad you feel better and what a relief no one else caught it!

Katie B said...

oh no, being sick is the pits. But getting a little kid cuddle time makes it a little better, doesn't it?

Katy Schepis Edmondson said...

Sorry your sick. I hope yu feel better to have a great weekend.

KelleyAnne said...

I felt so bad I couldn't help you out. AND I'm sorry you had to miss the wedding. But I'm glad the little ones didn't get it. That picture is adorable. Go Mike!

Kayley said...

:( I'm glad you're doing better now!