Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Prayers Needed

I had planned some fun, cute pictures for today and maybe a video of the girls singing happy birthday to Uncle Mack, who is away in Kuwait right now with the army, but I can't bring myself to post anything happy.

Last night we got a call from Mike's parents that Brittany and Ili's sweet little 10 day old baby, Wyatt Thomas Yuan, had passed away. I can't think of anything other than what they must be going through and despite how it brings me to tears every time I think of it, I know I still have no idea, absolutely NO IDEA what that kind of hurt must feel like. My heart breaks for Brittany and Ili, such wonderful, loving people, such perfect parents for this perfect little boy. And to now be separated from him after just getting to meet him.
All night I just kept thinking about what on earth I could do to bring comfort to them or help them but nothing seemed to be enough. I have said so many prayers, enlisted the prayers of friends and family and their names have been put on temple prayer rolls, but still it seems like there should be something else I can do.
We had a busy day planned for which I was thankful, but then Addie threw up. She and Preston are both napping now and I just sit here and think and cry, and then think and cry some more for them. I kept looking at our children this morning and thinking of how much I love them and how I would feel if they were taken from me without warning and I don't know what I would do. I don't know what others could do for me that would make me feel better, because the only thing you want is to have your baby back in your arms and for now you can't and that just doesn't seem fair.
Brittany is amazing. I admire her strength and determination, her confidence in who she is and her ability to make others feel that same confidence about themselves. She is quirky and fun and true. She conquered unbelievable odds making a full recovery from a serious car accident, got her masters degree, and then found a perfect match in Ili. Ili is insanely intelligent, calm, driven, patient and quirky in his own way :-). Wyatt is lucky to have them as his parents and they are lucky to have him as part of their eternal family. I love them all.
Please pray for them during this difficult time!
Photobucket
Photobucket

17 comments:

Adams Family said...

I'm so sorry to hear this....how unfair life can be at times. I just can't imagine this. You all will definitely be in our prayers.

They sound like such an amazing little family. I wish there was something more I could do.

Sounds like she has support in an awesome family...and the perspective to pull through. Hugs.

Cheryl Joy said...

Marci, you are so sweet and eloquent. We are constantly praying for Brittany, Ili and the rest of the family. I can't imagine what they must be going through. If there is anything they want or need, there are plenty of people in Florida ready to help.

In the last picture the little highlights in Wyatt's eyes look like hearts.

Love to the Yuan's and Freeman's.

Janna said...

Ugh, that just breaks my heart. I too can't even imagine the pain. We will keep them in our prayers. Love you guys!

Marci said...

I hadn't noticed the hearts, Cheryl. I love that picture even more now :-)!

Brittany said...

Thank you so much for your compassion, prayers, arrangements and this post, Marci. I never noticed the hearts in his eyes, thanks Cheryl it makes me also love it more. He is such a special guy that he only needed to be on earth 10 days. We love him and are honored to be his parents. We miss him insanely and thank all of you for your support.

Kayley said...

Ugh I feel so bad. The little hearts in his eyes are so cute. We'll have them in our thoughts and prayers.

KelleyAnne said...

That was a beautiful post dedicated to a truly beautiful little family. I have had a heavy heart ever since I heard what happened. Hope was so upset when I told her and then quickly said, "Wyatt must be so special that he just needed to get a body and Heavenly Father needed him in Heaven". I am so grateful for the eternal plan we understand. We will keep praying and sending our love, and hope for some peace for Brittany and Ili during this difficult time.

rusted sun said...

Marci-
I have been thinking about what you wrote about wanting to do something more...

Maybe you could collect memories and photos, etc and put together a blurb book for them. I would imagine that right now the parents have thier hands full with making arrangements. It would be nice for a family member to pull together something physical to hold on to. This is also something that uses your specific talents, allowing you to share a part of yourself.

Just a thought...

Your family will be in our prayers.

Laurie said...

It's so hard when you want to do something more, but don't know what to do.

When my girls were in the NICU, and I wasn't sure if they would live, I would look at the big picture on the wall of the of the Savior with open arms. The only thing that made me feel better was to know that if they returned back to heaven, then that is how they would be greeted.

Wyatt is in good hands, and I hope that knowing that brings them peace. They look like such sweet parents.

Marci said...

Alisa,
I had the same thought about the Blurb book today and told Mike's mom about it. I definitely hope to do that for them! Thanks for the idea :-)!

Diane said...

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers, you truly help us to feel Heavenly Father's arms around us. And dear Marci, this was such a precious post. thank you.

Jennifer Gibbs Kambourian said...

Thank you, Marci, for your beautiful tribute to little Wyatt and to Britty and Ili. Our hearts are all so heavy right now, but you helped us to see the bright silver lining. These are the times when the gospel of Jesus Christ is especially of such great comfort.

Annemarie said...

That just breaks my heart. What a beautiful family and an absolutely precious little boy.

Steve said...

Thank you Marci, and everyone!

Diane and I are here with Britt and Ili, I can tell without a doubt that your prayers are lifting and supporting the Yuan family in a profound way!
To feel peace in your heart at a time like this is so contrary to what you think one would feel. But when our tears spill they quickly dry with comfort and peace from our dear Lord. And your prayers.
I love you all!

Sarah S said...

I have had so many random bouts of tears today, thinking about this sad news and how awful it would be to go through this. We're praying for them and all of you.

Christina said...

Oh my heavens! I am truly sorry to hear this. I was shocked opening your blog today. My heart goes out to all of you, especially to Brittany and her husband.

I hope that your faith can comfort you and others who are in need.

Here in Italy they light candles to symbolize souls and angels. I will light one today for this special little angel...

Kristin said...

There are no words to say that can some how help the hearts of a grieving family that has just suffered the Greatest Loss!!! I too have lost my infant son so soon after he came here to be with us... I didn't know there was such pain... I know I have only met you a few times in passing @ church Brittany but you & your husbands Spirits are So Strong!!! So strong that your Incredibly Valiant son chose you two to be the ones to give him his body so that he can then return to our Heavenly Father... How Amazing it must be to have already proven yourself & the only journey you needed in this life was to receive a body! I know the pain my Love, & I wish I could tell you it'll all get better... But of course I'm bawling my eyes out while I'm writing you right now! My son would've been almost 3 if he was still here with me on earth... You Never get over losing a child... But with knowing our Plan of Salvation we can find comfort & honor & the assurance that U Will be a family again :) I know I don't have to tell you this because you two already know... Its just something to remember when your body is feeling something you never thought possible! You're lil Wyatt is right there with you both!
If you guys need Anything, ANYTHING @ all please don't hesitate to call!!! I know that sometimes it helps just to have someone to say to that "This Sux & Its Not Fair!!!" & they wont judge U!!! Your ward family & the Jenkins-Lawheads included Love you as does our Heavenly Father!!!