Friday, July 30, 2010

All Done

We got everything finished on our rental on Wednesday and let me tell you,
it was nice to wake up Thursday morning knowing we didn't have to go over there again!
Monday the Freeman Work Crew, consisting of Steve, Diane and Chrissy, came to help us get a HUGE head start on everything. By the end of that first day the entire house had been repainted (by Chrissy and Diane), the jungle of the back yard had been taken down, the sod had been laid, a light fixture had been exchanged, errand after errand had been run and a good start on the cleaning had begun. Chloe and Hope watched the girls at our house while my Grandma and Grandfather took care of Preston the whole day so we had uninterrupted work time.
Tuesday my mom watched the kids for me for a little while so I could get some more cleaning in and Mike tackled more of the outside and that night Hope came to babysit so we could both work more on the inside.
Wednesday I felt like it was actually clean enough to let Preston take a nap in his pack n play in one of the rooms while the girls watched movies on the computer in another room. Mike and I were able to get the last of the work done and just as the first prospective renters pulled in, I was pulling out with the kiddos .
The renters who left had been in the house nearly 4 years, so some wear and tear was expected, but what I was not prepared for was how filthy it was! How people can live like that is beyond me, but it did make me feel much better about the current state of our own home :-).
We owe a HUGE thanks to everyone for all their hard work in helping us! Hopefully we won't have to worry about this again for another few years!
(I don't really have great before and after pictures. The "before" pictures are pictures I was taking to document the condition things were left in, more than to show what the house overall looked like. Just trust me that it looks SO much cuter with the new paint color though. And you can thank me later for sparing you the pictures of the really dirty parts of the house, especially the fridge...you would throw up)

The Befores...
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
The Afters...
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
(proof of the magic of Mike's carpet cleaning!)
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

7 comments:

Katie said...

It looks lovely Marci. Impressive job. I love the paint color.

Diane said...

That is SUCH a cute house, it was really rewarding to see the finished photos. It took a village!

KelleyAnne said...

It looks so nice!

Stephanie said...

Wow! What a lot of work, so lucky to have such great help.

Kayley said...

It looks adorable!! I'd rent it :)

Cheryl Joy said...

I want to live there!

Sarah S said...

it looks SO much better!! crazy that the old renters left it in such a state. you were lucky to have such a great crew to help you get it back in beautiful shape!

your pool pics in the post above are great too!