Sunday, July 25, 2010

Christmas in July

Yesterday in the early evening Ella and I headed out to the grocery store, just as it started pouring rain. I figured by the time we got to the store it would be about done, but as we were almost out of our neighborhood it became clear this wasn't the typical Houston sudden downpour. It was SUPER windy so I decided we better head back home and wait it out. Watching from the windows of the house, we were all in awe of the hurricane-like weather already and then it started to hail. The first round they were little and it looked like snow. Then it stopped for a little while and HUGE hail starting coming down fast. It was like someone was just throwing handfuls of them down on us. Mike and Ella had a great time going to grab them up while Addie and I watched and admired their collecting from the doorway (poor Preston was napping and missed all the excitement).
This was one of the first ones, so not too big yet.
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Mike emailed in a couple photos to our local news stations that night and we made it onto the channel 13 news...
the lead picture, no less :-)! I was sure no one would see it, or if they did then not notice that it was our picture, but I know at least two did, which is pretty fun. And yes, Amy, I'd be happy to give you an autograph :-).
The winning shot...
Photobucket
The clip of the actual news coverage...

And in black and white :-)...
Photobucket

10 comments:

Melissa said...

That is so crazy! We were in Austin this weekend and totally missed it...

Diane said...

i can't believe how big those are! we just missed all the excitement. love that last shot. we are excited to see you all ... see you in about 3 hours!

The Chrissy Herself said...

The composition IS nice, Marci!

Amy said...

I'll be waiting for the autograph.

Annemarie said...

That is insane! I love that you and your photo are now famous :)

Christina said...

Marci You're Awesome!

Laurie said...

That is a great photo. It's awesome it made it onto the news! I was in the grocery store when it started hailing and was so confused cause when I went into the store 10 min earlier, it was sunny and hot.

Cheryl Joy said...

WOAH! So cool!! I love how he gave you a little shout out! :)

Brittany said...

How fun! I love the shout out to your composition. I have to say though I was hoping your news clip would show Jonathan the Bahelorette weatherman from Houston :-)

Heather said...

That is so neat that it ended up on the news! Wow! I can not believe the size of that hail!