Saturday, July 24, 2010

Dates: Round Two

So, Thursday was the much anticipated Addie and Nana date day. Ella had put it on her little calendar and been reminding Addie all week how many days were left until it was her turn :-).
That morning the kids and I ventured to try out the $1 movie at Cinemark again and we actually got to see the movie! We watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (which we love and was extra fun to see on the big screen) and we almost made it through the whole thing. I wasn't sure how Preston would do, and was secretly hoping he would fall asleep (it was his nap time). But Preston...fall asleep while I'm holding him?!...Yeah right. I should have known better:-)! He did sit on my lap with his blankie for most of the movie though (with snacks, a bottle and a pacifier to keep him happy) and Ella was able to watch the last few minutes from the hallway leading to the seats while I let Preston and Addie run around by the exit door. We just may try it again before the summer is over.
Photobucket
We dropped Addie off at Nana and Grandad's after the movie and she was sooo excited! When I asked her what she wanted to do on her date with Nana she said, "Pet cats and eat doughnuts!"
Photobucket
Photobucket
Later that day when Mike got home from work, Ella and I headed off for our little date.
She wanted to eat at The Rainforest Cafe, like Addie had :-), and then go look at Barbies.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Ella and her little poses :-).
Photobucket
Photobucket
We were sitting by one of the fish tanks had so much fun talking for these two fish while waiting for our food (which is a long time at Rainforest!). The little red one loved this one spot by the coral and the "dalmation" fish would try to steal his spot. We had ourselves laughing pretty hard!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Addie had almost two full days at Nana's and she didn't want to leave...for anything! Not to eat ChickFilA, not to go to a movie, not to go pick out doughnuts. So, they brought the food to Addie and she stayed with the cats :-).
Addie and Bill the cat really bonded during her stay and he has received the honor of being Addie's other best friend. About a month ago I was driving with the kids and Addie randomly told me, "Mom, Nana is my best friend." Since then she has talked about it quite often and wouldn't let me, or anyone else be her best friend even though I would tell her she could have more than one. Well, when I picked her up yesterday afternoon she would only say goodbye to Bill and told me, "Bill is my best friend too. And Nana."

Next up on our agenda before summer is over...Daddy/Daughter Dates!

1 comment:

Diane said...

these nana dates are the sweetest things ever.