Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Books for the year

We have our new book club reading list for the coming year and I am super excited! I have been wanting to read many of these books for awhile now. So, if you are looking for some book ideas or want to follow our schedule (and so I don't forget which book is next), I'm posting the line-up...
Sep: The Autobiography of Ben Franklin
Oct: Left to Tell-Discovering God Admist the Rwandan Holocaust by Immaculee Ilibagiza
Nov: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
Dec: A Grief Observed by CS Lewis
Jan: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
Feb: Poetry Month
Mar: The Help by Kathryn Stockett
Apr: Kiss It Goodbye: The Mystery, the Mormon, and the Moral of the 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates by John Moody
May: Mother Teresa: Come Be My Light by Mother Teresa and Brian Kolodiejchuk
Jun: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Jul: Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
Aug: The Mirror Cracked by Agatha Christie

6 comments:

KelleyAnne said...

Looks like a great list. hmmmmn any Cafe Rio Tortilla Soup left for Nana to taste?

Katie B said...

I just finished reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society- it was fantastic, I was so surprised by how much I loved it.

heather said...

I'm mourning book club right now!

Melissa said...

I've been on the list for The Hunger Games at the library FOREVER and finally got an e-mail today that it's my turn! :) I'm looking forward to reading that one and several others on the list. Hopefully I'll make it to Book Club more this year than I did last year.

the Holyoaks said...

I loved Guernsey and Ender's Game. My sister in law raved about the Hunger Games series. I'll have to check it out. I love seeing what other people are reading!

Kim said...

I've read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, The Help, Guernsey, and Hunger Games. Sparing you the details, I'll simply say I loved all of them! One suggestion: LISTEN to Guernsey instead of read it. It is a million times more enjoyable that way and helps you keep track of who is writing what.