Friday, August 20, 2010

A+++ for Customer Service

I was ecstatic when the doorbell rang this afternoon and I saw the Fed Ex truck outside our house...my Blurb book had arrived! It was like Christmas morning, only better, and I tore open the box right away to admire at my beautiful book. I immediately noticed it was a little hard to open, but I couldn't remember if my others had been like that initially so I started flipping through it. Then I saw that the spine was so tight that I couldn't open the pages to see the whole page...text and pictures were cut off. I began to get concerned (well maybe freak out inside a little)! I got out my other books and they both open nearly flat so the pages are completely revealed. I tried to open the new book a little more and the binding started to tear a little! I came up to the computer to do a little research online. I knew I had kept the text away from the border they show as the potential cut off while making the book, but wanted to be sure I had taken the correct precautions before contacting Blurb. Everything looked fine from my end. I sent Blurb an email explaining how I love their site and have recommended them countless times, but that there seemed to be a problem with my latest book, etc. I know nothing of book binding but said I thought maybe it was bound too tight and that was the problem and asked them what they recommended I do. Within 3 hours I had an email back telling me they had ordered a new book and were sending it to me for no charge....and that I was free to keep or recycle the one I received today. Isn't it nice when a company makes your life so easy?! So, the good news is I still love Blurb and I should still love my 2009 Part I book when it arrives! Thanks Blurb!!!

4 comments:

Diane said...

so glad to hear it ended well, those books are so important. I need to get to work on mine....just haven't had time.

Stephanie said...

Hey, my last year book came and the black cover looked all washed out. They sent a new book and let me keep the other, and gave me a discount on any books ordered in the next six months. (I hurried and finished the following year quickly) If you are doing your year in two books, you could ask them for that too :)

the Holyoaks said...

Wow. That is really impressive. It's so nice when a company exceeds your expectations. I've been thinking about making a book from my blog and you've inspired me. Yours looks great! What a great way to keep up with each year and stay organized. Especially since I'm no journal writer and I gave up on scrapbooking back in college. Also, I am reading The Host. I'm about halfway through and I really like it. It's an interesting story and I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Cheryl Joy said...

Yes! Can't beat that! :)