Monday, August 2, 2010

An Ideal Husband

An Ideal HusbandAn Ideal Husband by Oscar Wilde

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


LOVED this! It is a quick little read and I was laughing to myself the whole time. The writing is wonderfully witty and sarcastic, and the characters are highly entertaining!

View all my reviews >>

Some of my favorite quotes...
"Power? But power is nothing in itself. It is power to do good that is fine - that, and that only."
"Wonderful woman, Lady Markby, isn't she? Talks more and says less than anybody I ever met. She is made to be a public speaker."
"...we love them knowing their weaknesses, their follies, their imperfections, love them all the more, it may be, for that reason. It is not the perfect, but the imperfect, who have need of love. It is when we are wounded...that love should come to cure us - else what use is love at all?"

2 comments:

Diane said...

I will have to get this one. I am going to the used bookstore to get it for my trip.

apewinterton said...

I LOVE that book, too. If you liked that one you might also like, "The Importance of Being Earnest." It's the same kind of humor and also a quick read.