Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Saturday Morning Parade

The plan for Saturday was lots of playing and relaxing for the kiddos and lots of cooking and party prep for me (while Mike worked all day). Before we got to all that though, we went to see the Taylor High School marching band parade through the neighborhoods for a fund raiser. My littlest sister, Hope, is quite the musician and is playing synthesizer for the drum line. She doesn't march with it so she wasn't playing an instrument this day, just showing off her dancing skills :-). It was a fun, but hot, way to start the day. Those band kids are troopers! I was sweating sitting outside for an hour and they were marching ALL DAY LONG. I can't wait to see more performances...I have always LOVED drum lines and Taylor's is great!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We were in my parents' friends' neighborhood to watch the parade and this is their Great Dane, Evan. He is sooo mellow and sooo huge :-)!
Photobucket
Taylor and Adeline
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Finally, the waiting paid off and the band rounded the corner, led by their new big rig that the school is so excited about. Preston was pretty excited about it too :-)!
Photobucket
Photobucket
This parade was a fundraiser for the band and people along the route could pay money to have the band stop at their house and perform. Lucky for us the house across the street from where we were sitting had done this so we ran across the road quickly to hear them. The video isn't great because I was trying to figure out where Hope was while recording. Again, I just LOVE drum lines, the video does them no justice for how it really sounded. I can't wait to see them perform again! (the little pauses in the movies are when I take a picture while recording)


Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Later that evening Papa and Chloe arrived for Ella's birthday celebration the next day and Mike and I were able to attend the adult session of our Stake Conference. Elder Bednar and his wife were at conference this year and it was AMAZING! Addie found my mascara while I was getting ready for our little date :-).
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

The Chrissy Herself said...

That drum line was a real hoot'nanny! Awesome that Hope is so involved in her music stuff... I love that.

the Holyoaks said...

I can't believe your cute little sister is in high school now! Good grief, how long have we been gone? Sounds like fun though. I was a flute player myself. And I love the pic of Addie with the mascara. At first glance I thought you had gotten her all dolled up.

Team Turner said...

Thanks, Marci, for taking such fabulous pics and clips and posting them! It was so fun to be there together!

KelleyAnne said...

Wow! I am so behind checking your blog. This was such a fun post. Thanks Marci!