Thursday, September 16, 2010

Adeline's Dream Day

Tuesday morning it was off to school for Addie (in this little mermaid shirt that I picked up last time I worked because the mermaid looked like Addie, and because it was only $3. I thought Addie would love it, but she was quick to inform me that she likes to look like a cat, not a mermaid...silly me!).
Photobucket
And Preston (who actually stood still for one minute for a picture) and I tried to go to his story time but were late so we just picked out books and said hi to the librarians instead.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Miss Venitha helped him find a book about trains and he was excited to read it in the car :-).
Photobucket
We picked up Addie from school and Hannah came to play for a little while. I made the girls stay downstairs so Preston could get a good nap in but let them bring a few things down. Addie picked the tea set and Hannah picked the drum full of instruments.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
While waiting for Ella to come home, Addie colored and I cooked.
Photobucket
Addie colors the inside the folder periodically. The cats in it were some of the first ones she ever drew and I LOVE them! Now she draws them all the time. She'll draw a picture of a cat holding a cat balloon, next to a cat snowman with a cat cloud in the sky. She is definitely serious about this cat obsession!
Photobucket
Once Ella got back it was play time for a little while and then Addie's "other best friend" (in addition to Nana, Bill and Blanco, and Ella who she now says is her 'first best friend'), Ellie to arrive. Ellie and Addie actually play with each other and it is so adorable to listen to them talk and play!
Photobucket
When the girls decided to play outside, Preston couldn't believe his luck! He ran right with them out there and turned around to look at me like, "Are you seeing this, mom?! People are going to play out here with me!!!" (it's been too hot for me still)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(in other news, Preston has mastered getting down from the swing set by himself so I'm way less nervous about him climbing into the house now. he prefers the slide, but will climb back down the "rock wall" too)
Photobucket
Ella gave up on doing her homework in the house and came outside to join the party.
(we bought her a school shirt and hair thing this year and she thinks she is pretty cool :-)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Ellie's mom, Katie, and I were briefly in the same ward in high school when my family lived in Dallas, so it's funny our little girlies are now playing together!
Photobucket
After everyone was ready for bed Ella read Addie and Ellie some stories. And then we called it a night (for our girls anyway, Ellie hung out with Mike and I for awhile, her dad's a football coach so she is on a game night schedule)!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
And after all that fun, guess what time Addie woke up the next morning? 6:10am! She much have expected Wednesday to be just as exciting :-).

4 comments:

Sarah S said...

I love the sunburst in that playset pic w/ Addie and Ellie. Ella looks so cute in her purple school shirt and I'm impressed Preston can climb back down the rock wall.

Cheryl Joy said...

It's amazing that Preston can climb up and down that thing!!!

And Ella does look pretty stinkin' cute doing her homework in her little school outfit. :)

Diane said...

I just love Preston in those flip flops and I can't believe he can get down from the playground already. When we were just there, he had just tried it and could only get up! what a little athlete!

KelleyAnne said...

So fun! I love Addie's "cat" artwork. The video is so cute with Ellie. I love to see them interact with other little kids. Preston looked sooo excited running up to the swing set to play with Addie. It totally looked like that was what he was saying too. Ella is getting so grown up. She is so responsible working on her homework!