Saturday, September 18, 2010

Back to Calm

I have recently been feeling calm and peaceful and not really stressed about much. This is very unlike me, so I'm trying to enjoy it...and keep it going :-)! It makes it much easier to be able to look out the kitchen window and see the kids play together while I am getting dinner ready and just appreciate it.
Photobucket
I'm not sure what changed exactly. I think a big part of it has been the return to a schedule with the beginning of the school year, which has definitely been a welcome change not only for me, but for the kids too. Although I tried hard to keep somewhat of a routine in the summer it was tricky and just when we would be getting into a good groove, we would go out of town and mess it up again. So, that definitely accounts for some of it, but I feel like something else has changed in me too. I feel the power to be more patient with the kids, more forgiving to myself when I can't accomplish all the things I had hoped and more thankful for the people in my life. I definitely still have much room for improvement of course, but I feel like for the first time in a long time I am totally content with what I am doing and how I am doing it. Maybe I finally grew up :-).

6 comments:

Katie B said...

What a lovely post. And a wonderful picture. You have a good good life.

I haven't forgotten about the visit- I'll be emailing you in the next few days I think.

Diane said...

Next to beautiful photos of my cuties, your introspective posts are my favorite. You are such a gifted young woman: beautiful, intelligent, conscientious wife and mother etc etc. I am glad you are feeling contentment, you certainly deserve it.

Sara Jean said...

Yes, I agree- This is a lovely post. So nice to read. I think I want to try and accomplish what you are feeling right now. I sure love you Marci! You are such a great mom, person, and friend.

Cheryl Joy said...

That is absolutely wonderful.

You've made it. :)

Brittany said...

I'm happy for you that you feel content. It surprises me how hard you are on yourself though, you accomplish WAY more than most in a day, for sure. I wish I could steal some of your organizational skills and could tackle all that you take on :-)

Sarah S said...

Loved this post! I think it is really hard to be content with life when you have the unpredictability of young kids. But at the same time, this time of life is so sweet!! I'm trying to be better about feeling satisfied about what I'm able to accomplish each week and not be too down on the fact that I constantly feel behind.