Saturday, October 30, 2010

Addie's Halloween Party

Sometimes when it's my turn to teach Joy School I wonder why in the world I do it, but Addie L-O-V-E-S to have school at her house...or as she says, to have all her friends come over. And then I am really glad that we do it and that she and I get this extra time together. Thursday we hosted the Halloween party during the second half of class time. Addie has been ecstatic to wear her costume and help me decorate and have her friends come eat yummy food. That morning she anxiously waited by the front door for the first arrivals.
Photobucket
After a quick lesson and craft, I let the kids play while I started to set things up for the party. The other moms arrived and helped the kids get into their costumes for our big performance (a parade around the backyard and singing a few songs...which was really me singing and half of the kids following along with the motions :-).
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The kiddos were definitely SUPER cute in their costumes though, you could tell they felt pretty cool :-).
The entire gang
Photobucket
William aka: Captain Hook
Photobucket
Photobucket
Anna aka: Tinkerbell
Photobucket
Photobucket
Addie aka: Princess Cat
Photobucket
Photobucket
Hannah aka: Raggedy Ann
Photobucket
Photobucket
Ellie aka: Tinkerbell
Photobucket
Photobucket
Brooklynn aka: Pink Kitty  
(and Ian the tiger)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Then it was on to the good stuff...food, talking and playing until we all needed some quiet time :-). The kids were amazed by the dry ice Emily brought for the soda.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Now we are gearing up for the trunk or treat at the church tonight...bring on the candy!

3 comments:

Leighanna said...

Thanks for having us crash (trash?) your house for the party! It was definitely cute!!! :)

The Chrissy Herself said...

Great close-ups of the kids and their costumes, Marc! I love the expressions you caught on their faces!

Diane said...

Beeeeeautiful close-ups, especially the little pirate...and miss Addie cat.
I know why joy school makes you tired...look at all the fantastic activities and food you provide!