Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Dallas - Day 1

We took a quick trip up to Dallas this weekend for the Rangers playoff game and a trip to the state fair, meeting up with some of the Freefam clan when we got there. Saturday most of the crew headed off to the baseball game right after we arrived. Being a playoff game, the tickets were a little pricey and Preston is not really in a "sit and watch a game" stage (especially after a 4 hour drive) so I opted to make my own fun with the kids that first day.
(I used our old camera that day so Mike could have the mega-zoom at the game, and man, what a difference! I missed my camera)
(oh, and in case your wondering, the kids watched movies most of the way up, I just took pictures when they were doing something better with their time :-)
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
After checking in and saying a quick hello, Mike, his parents and Chloe headed off to the game and our kids quickly tore apart the hotel room. Preston was so excited when he saw Mike leaving while looking out the window and everytime he looked out from then on he would say "Dada!"
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Before we left I did a little research to find a park and restaurant near the hotel. I get STRESSED driving in unfamiliar areas (thank goodness for GPS!) and luckily my planning paid off, we hardly had to drive anywhere. The park I found kind of stunk, but right across the street was an elementary school with a good playground. The kids got all their pent up energy out and then we headed to dinner at On the Border. When I was in high school in Dallas this was my VERY favorite restaurant and now whenever I go there I wonder why :-). It's fine, but nothing great. I was really happy with our day went. It was so fun to have time with the kids and not worry about trying to get things done by a certain time, just exploring and playing and eating. I loved our day!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Preston has his own little song and dance he does sometimes where he shakes his hands in a waving motion, moves his little feet as fast as he can and sings "Bee Bop, Bee Bop." It's a catchy little tune he made up and we'll sing it to him to get him to do the routine because it's so cute and funny. At the playground Ella was really excited to see that it said "Bee Bop" just like his song.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
After dinner we headed back to the hotel and were able to visit with Brittany and Ili a little bit before they headed off to dinner and I got the kids ready for bed.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Of course, Mike was having his own fun too :-). The Rangers lost that game, but he spotted George W. Bush in attendance at the game (and they the Rangers went on to win the series). He's ready to go back up for the next round! Here are his pics from the night...
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
There is Georgie and that is Nolan Ryan one seat away from him.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
And some pics of the family at the game stolen from Diane's blog...
PhotobucketPhotobucket

2 comments:

The Chrissy Herself said...

When did ya'll get a telephoto? Perfect for the game!

I'm sure those t-shirts have some sort of ridiculous, baseball, inside-joke meaning... but to me they just look weird. I white hand? A deer with white-hand antlers?

Marci said...

We got that one right after we got the camera, it's not a super zoom, but it's good for what we need. And Mike explained those shirts to me but I couldn't remember what they meant...I just thought they were weird too :-)!