Thursday, October 14, 2010

Dallas - Day 2

We were up bright and early the next morning...Addie woke up at 5:30am to go to the bathroom, which woke Preston up, which woke the rest of us up :-). We hung out in the room, got packed up and headed across the street to Denny's for breakfast.
Mike got a rare Preston cuddle that morning (I forgot how the old camera flash always made Mike close his eyes :-) and I'm still jealous!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Our hotel was near the airport and the planes were flying right over the top of it. When we got back, we went up to the roof to try and get a picture, but by then the planes were being routed a different way, so we had missed our chance. The girls still thought it was pretty cool that we were on the roof of the tall hotel though!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Then it was off to the fair with the Freefam.
We were disappointed in our fair experience, mostly because it was so ridiculously expensive. I think my thing is, a fair is a fair in the end. A fair should have exhibits, entertainment, rides, games and fattening food. The only difference with the state fair was that it was SO huge that you had to walk forever to get anywhere (it took us half an hour to walk to say goodbye to Mike's family before we left) and things were more over-priced than usual. I thought the Fort Bend County fair was perfect for our family when we went a couple years ago, so if I want to go to the fair, I think that's where we'll head next time. With all that said, we did still have some fun and the girls loved the rides they did go on. I wished we'd had more time to visit with everyone, but it was good to see everyone, especially since Brittany and Ili were able to meet us there too.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I was so proud of Ella for going on this ride even though she didn't get to have Aunt Chloe by her (Chloe was Addie's adult partner). This ride was definitely the highlight of their day. Ella talked about it a lot when we got home :-).
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I had the camera most of the day, but I LOVE this ferris wheel shot Mike got...it's my favorite from our day at the fair!
Photobucket
We caught a dog show with everyone. I regret not getting a picture of Ella and Chloe sitting together for the show. They went and sat where they could see better and I know Ella felt pretty cool. She loves her aunt Chloe so much!
Photobucket
Getting our family pictures this year should be interesting...it is VERY difficult to get Preston to stay still and/or look at the camera :-).
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
This was THE hugest pig I've ever seen in my life.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
And back to home to Houston we went.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Diane said...

It was so fun to spend some time together. I agree, a fair is a fair, and now I can say I have been to a STATE fair. I much prefer local county fairs, but we don't have one in San Antonio, we just have the Rodeo. On the way home, I was looking at the Fair map and there was a section we missed that might have been fun, it had a children's aquarium and hands on science exhibits.....but the map was so out of scale, we probably never would have found it :/

Brittany said...

We went to our state fair a couple weeks ago and it was a rip off, but still cheaper than the Dallas fair. Nevertheless this fair was MUCH better than ours and it was so fun to see all you guys, even though it was briefly. We'll make up the missed time at Thanksgiving!