Monday, October 18, 2010

Found a Way

We still managed to have a fun Saturday even though Mike missed out on the action. Everytime we drive by Shipley's Addie mentions that she wants to go to the donut store, so Saturday morning as soon as everyone was awake we headed on over in our jammies. (Addie was getting better at this point, but still not 100%)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Poor Addie totally looks sick, dazed and congested in this picture :-(.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We then drove up and down streets in Old Katy looking for good places for photo shoots and ended with a stop at the cool train playground over there. By this time it was going on 10am and I was slightly self-conscious of my pajama clad kids running amongst those who were dressed for the day :-).
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Then it was home to put Preston down for his nap. The girls and I watched How to Train Your Dragon and painted our nails. They did each other's make-up and I found them reading together on Addie's bed. After a weekend that started out with lots of fighting this was definitely a nice change!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I started preparing for my turn teaching Joy School (for the next FOUR weeks...scary!) and when Preston woke up we moved the preparing outside. I had on the songs that go along with my unit and Addie brought the intruments out to play with while Ella and I worked on our homework.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Ella was so proud that she got Preston on the swing and that he would hold on so she could push him. He thought he was pretty cool too. I was really nervous.
Photobucket
Photobucket
And since I didn't post it before, I wanted to show Ella's finished library craft. I may copy this idea to use during Joy School if we need a time killer.
Photobucket
We're ready for school tomorrow :-)!!!

7 comments:

Annemarie said...

Jammie clad kids at the park means you are a great mom & let them do something out of the ordinary...that was really fun! I bet they were in heaven!

Brittany said...

I love that you let them go for donuts in their p.j.s

Amy said...

Where's that park? Jared would love it. Also, let's get together soon. I"m open all of next week. Let me know when is good. Good luck teaching!

Laurie said...

Mmmmm Shipley's is the best!!

Marci said...

The train park is right next to Mary Jo Peckham park and it is an AWESOME one!

Sara Jean said...

Yum!!! PJ's at the park sounds like an awesome Saturday morning activity!!

Good luck with Joy School! What are you teaching?

the Holyoaks said...

What a fun morning! I miss Shipley's donuts and their kolaches.