Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Disney on Ice

We decided a few weeks ago to get tickets for Disney on Ice and surprise the kids. So, on Saturday we got them all dressed up and headed downtown for the princess show. Although they were excited, they were also a little confused and Mike and I decided we'll wait on the surprises until they get a little bigger. We think when they are this little (and they are going to something they haven't been to before), it's better to build them up leading to the event. Ella especially loved it and I think it will help hold us over until the next time we make it to Disneyland/world :-).
All ready to go...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Ella was directing Addie in her posing...it was hilarious :-).
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Preston, as usual, wanted nothing to do with posing for pictures.  
(and yes, I realize he needs a haircut, I'm just dreading it)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Walking into the stadium we saw lots of other princesses around and Ella was so confused about what was going on :-)!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Once inside Mike took over the camera while I tried to keep hold of Preston. They had a little pre-show display set up that we went to look at before going to our seats. For only buying our tickets a couple weeks before the show, and getting the cheaper ones, we were surprised by how great the view was. Our one error was bringing Preston with us. He did well, but I had no idea how long it would be and as the stage darkened after the first hour I thought the whole show was done. When an announcer said there would be an intermission before the second half began I was definitely surprised and we decided to leave and get dinner instead. Addie was getting a little antsy too, so it worked out perfectly really, plus we beat the traffic leaving :-). Ella would have loved to stay for the second half but I think we all left feeling satisfied with our experience. Now I'm just wishing we were headed to Disney World on Thanksgiving day again :-)!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Who knew Aladdin and Jasmine were Asian :-)?! Ella said, "He looks like Ili!"
The Aladdin part was Ella's favorite part of the program. Addie kept asking when Ariel was coming and luckily she ended the part of the program we were there for. Preston was just excited when any character who wasn't a human came out.
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We let Preston get out some wiggles once we got outside before we headed to dinner. We FINALLY went to Pappasitos and I don't know why we have never made it there all these years! The chips and salsa were SO good, they had shredded beef AND our waiter was the best ever (he sent us home with a bag of chips, 2 cups of salsa and asked Mike if wanted a soda to go too)!
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Prestons lost his pants as he was running away, and other than slowing him down, it didn't seem to phase him at all :-).
Photobucket
Photobucket
I LOVE these pictures in the sunlight!
Photobucket
Ella was being so crazy that she wasn't smiling normal so I told her to be serious instead :-).
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

Diane said...

I don't know if there is a right age to start surprises about these things, if so, I guess I'm not there yet. I LOVE anticipating and planning for an upcoming fun event...it prolongs the fun!

Cheryl Joy said...

Ariel was lookin a little rough with those sideburns! Ha! I like the dwarfs a lot.

The wide view photo of Preston standing under the railing is reeeeally nice!

Brittany said...

Wow he does look just like Ili :-) I'll have to tell him he can add Aladdin to his resume, at least as a stand in. What a fun surprise!

the Holyoaks said...

What fun! Audrey would love it! And I can't believe you've never been to Pappasitos! I think we ate there at least once a week when we lived in Houston. I can still taste that salsa--good enough to drink. And the steak fajitas are the best! I really miss Mexican food and Pappasitos is one of my very favorite places. So glad you finally got to experience it!