Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Trick or Treat

Mike and his dad drove up to Dallas for the World Series game on actual Halloween night (much more on that to come), so I headed over to my parents' house with the kiddos for our traditional taco soup and then some trick or treating. The night was a little odd. I think doing the trunk or treat the night before made the actual event a little anti-climatic...doing hair again, putting on make-up again, going to get candy when we already had so much, etc. Mike wasn't there, my dad was on a business trip, and my grandma was sick, so there were lots of people missing too. Of course, the night was still TONS of fun though and the good news is that the kids didn't even mind when we only went down 2 culdesacs (how do you spell that?!) and skipped the big loop we usually take. I owe a HUGE thanks to Kayley and Scott for helping keep my 3 kids rounded up as we went door to door. It was no easy task, that's for sure :-). We had Ella, who was on a mission, and wasn't wasting anytime. We had Addie looking for cracks in the street with her pumpkin light and then wanting Scott to hold her because she was tired (she also told one lady who tried to give her candy, "No thanks, I'm just thirsty!"). And we had Preston who was zipping around like usual, but usually not in the direction we wanted him to go. He was trying to get candy out of his pumpkin and he would walk right into everyone's houses as soon as they opened the door if we didn't grab him in time. We got back to our house around 8pm and the girls were SOOO excited to hand out candy at our door. I think we only had 3 door knocks, but we all layed in bed watching a Halloween Backyardigans together while we waited in between our sprints down the stairs to give out candy. I think their favorite part of the night was when a big group of boys about 12 years old shouted Jingle Bells when we opened the door. Addie is still bringing it up 2 days later and telling me they were silly and should have been singing Halloween songs :-). Mike took the better camera to the game, so here are some not to pretty pictures of our Halloween night.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
The best shot of all 3 kids in their costumes, I wish it was the better camera!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
This was my favorite door.
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

3 comments:

Cheryl Joy said...

I love the picture of Addie Cat and Kayley Cat!!! So cute. :)

Laurie said...

I love the "No thanks, I'm just thirsty", and I love the owl cupcakes, very cute.

Kayley said...

You're very welcome- we had fun!! Can you email me the picture of me and Addie, please? Thanks :)