Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Eve 2010!

The girls could not believe it when Christmas Eve finally arrived!!! 
Last year we went to McDonald's for breakfast on Christmas Eve and Ella told us that she wanted that to be a tradition, so we went again this year and now it is officially a new tradition :-).
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We spent a lot of time that day shopping and then headed over to my grandparents later for our Christmas Eve dinner and gift exchange with my family. The food was, of course, Amazing! The table looked beautiful and my grandma even had little activities for the girls to do at their table which was a genius idea. Mike took some pictures of the decorations before we sat down to eat.
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We all looked awesome in the crowns from our poppers :-)
Photobucket
Photobucket
The kiddos took turns opening all their presents first and man alive were they spoiled rotten by their aunts, uncles and grandparents! Thank you, thank you :-)!
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(Addie got 2 Furr Real kitties, one from Grammy & Greatfrog and one from Mack & Cheryl, and she LOVES them)
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Ella got this dog from Grammy and Greatfrog and it is pretty hilarious. It laughs and rolls around :-).
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
It has become a tradition for Mike and I to get some new clothes during Banana Republic's big sale at Christmas time, so BR giftcards have become a perfect Christmas present for him!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Yes, there is really a vacuum in that box, and yes Scott is really that excited about it. I didn't understand it either...until I heard he wanted it to clean his car with and not his room.
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Scott (and Kayley) drew my name this year and I got fabulous new slippers that I desperately needed along with some adorable notecards. Kayley has started a little design business to go along with her art (check her out on Etsy at Pink Coconut Designs).
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
I always like Mike's artistic shots.
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
After dessert we hurried home to finish up with the rest of our Christmas Eve traditions. The kids opened their one present of new PJs (and since Ella was giving Mike pajamas this year, he got to open one too). We read the story of Christ's birth in the Old Testament and then put out the treats for Santa and the reindeer. That night when I was tucking Addie in she told me to hurry and go to sleep so Santa would come. I promised her I was just going to clean up the kitchen a little and then go right to bed. She told me, "Oh mom, Santa will clean the kitchen for you!" I wish :-). Addie had really been hoping to spot Rudolph's red nose in the sky that night, but we ended up having a rainstorm so we couldn't even see any stars. Poor Adeline...maybe next year!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

5 comments:

Christina said...

Addie's face while opening gifts is HILARIOUS! now I "see" what you meant in the other post about her expressing herself!

The vacum for Scott is really the oddest thing I've heard, until I too read it was for cleaning his car. All so much clearer in the end! :-))

Your family is always soo cute! Happy Holidays you guys! And Happy New Year!

Kayley said...

I LOVE the picture of Addie's face! Haha! I can't wait to see pictures from Christmas morning too! :-) I'm glad you like your slippers and cards!

The Larrabees said...

Addie's face opening presents is perfect! Looks like you guys had a good Christmas, we wish you a happy New Year!

Brittany said...

They're all adorable shots but my favorite is Ella and Mike hugging after he opened his pajamas. I agree that I like Mike's artistic shots too :-)

the Holyoaks said...

They look so cute in their Christmas jammies!