Thursday, December 2, 2010

OK Thanksgiving

We drove up to Oklahoma where Brittany and Ili hosted Thanksgiving dinner at their house this year! It was so fun to actually see their place in person instead of just seeing pictures of it all online. Meema, Papa and Chloe drove up as well, so we were only missing Chrissy and Zach. Brittany is a genius and we had a bonfire Thanksgiving night to make s'mores. The girls LOOOOOVED it and talked about it long after we got home. On Monday in school Ella told me they took turns talking about what they did over the break and Ella said she told her class that she went to Oklahoma and made s'mores!
It is an 8 hour drive for us and the kids were seriously AMAZING on the way up! The drive went by way faster than I expected and the weather was really nice in OK when we arrived. We went to get some dinner before settling in for the night (Ili arranged a hotel on the airforce base that was perfect for our needs) and that was when my camera lens broke...it was horrible way to end such a nice day!
Too bad the last pictures the lens took were these not so great car adventure picks.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Thursday morning we took the kids to McDonalds to get some wiggles out. A cold front came in during the night and Thanksgiving day was FREEZING! We spent the day hanging out at Brittany and Ili's, eating our yummy meal and of course, making the s'mores. Diane had an extra Canon lens with her so I used it that day to take a few pictures of our fun. I'm sure she'll post some soon too.
Coloring was definitely the favorite activity of the trip.
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Preston was really good at showing Brittany and Ili all the baby proofing they'll be doing over the next couple years :-)...and finding other things to entertain himself.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Thanksgiving Dinner...Hooray!!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
I think the only thing Preston ate was mashed potatoes but I don't care because I finally have a child who appreciates them as much as I do! Neither Ella or Addie have ever liked them, little weirdos!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
After resting in the warm house for awhile, we braved the cold to explore outside and eat s'mores.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Our poor little Houstonian children :-)...Preston didn't know what to think of the cold. At first he would cry to me "Cold, Cold" and hold his hands out like he was saying "Why do they feel like this?!"
Photobucket
Photobucket
The highlight of any Freeman family get together for the girls is getting to play with their Aunt Chloe :-)!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The highlight of Preston's trip?
Getting to play around on the riding lawn mower, which he thought was a tractor :-).
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We thought he would love the wheelbarrow ride, but he didn't know what to think about it.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Keeping warm by the fire (Addie told me many times on the trip that we should have brought her gloves because her hands were FREEZING) and picking out sticks for the s'mores with Dad.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Friday morning we went to see the memorial at the site of the Oklahoma City bombing. It was SO cold and I'd love to go back when it is warmer sometime and really take it in, but we were filled in on what most of it represented. I remember stopping at the site when my dad and I were driving back to BYU one year and I've been wanting to see the completed memorial. They did an amazing job! Afterwards we ate lunch at a yummy little taco shop before hitting the road back home. Our original plan was to stay until Saturday but Mike's Grandpa Gibbs passed away right before Thanksgiving. Mike and the rest of the Freeman crew needed to be on their way to CA for his funeral. I'm hoping to post more later, but here are some cute pictures of Great-Grandpa Gibbs.
Here he is with a teeny little Ella :-).
Photobucket
This is a picture Diane posted from this past August of their family that I think is SO cute.
Photobucket

2 comments:

the Holyoaks said...

I love the poor little Preston didn't know what to do about the cold. That's so funny. I also love the picture of him with the marshmallow stuffed in his mouth. All of the pictures are super cute and it looks like it was a great trip. So sorry about Great Grandpa. Our condolences.

Brittany said...

I love that Ella reported that she had s'mores in Oklahoma! I'm also glad it got cold enough for a bonfire, since it was so warm the days before. Though I think the cold front took my request too extremely :-) It was so fun to have you guys here, thanks for coming up.