Tuesday, December 21, 2010

One Last Real Week

Our last full week of school and activities before the Christmas break was busy! 
I have fully enjoyed day one of the break...having no where to go and nothing particular to do. We have been getting the house whipped into shape and I organized the girls' room, getting rid of some of the toys they no longer play with. It has definitely freed up some space and their room is less cluttered (and of course it's fun giving the toys to new kids knowing they'll be excited about them). Mike cleaned out the cars and today the plan is to finish up the downstairs of the house so we can enjoy the rest of the break in a nice clean space...until Christmas hits of course :-). I have also been trying to catch up on all our pictures from last week 
(and I edited another family shoot and posted it here).
So, here goes round one. I'm hoping to get the girls' dance recitals posted this afternoon.
Mike took some pictures Monday afternoon with a macro lens and these two were my favorite.
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Preston is really into snowmen this year (he excitedly points them all out to us, "Snowman!") so when our neighbors put up this one in their front yard he couldn't believe it!
Photobucket
I have definitely had second thoughts about whether we were really ready for cats and I think what it comes down to is Christmas and kittens are not a good combo. On this morning I was unloading the dishwasher and the kittens kept climbing up the Christmas tree. It was driving me crazy, so when Tom was at the tippy top trying to hit the star off I marched over, 9x13 pan from the dishwasher still in hand, and grabbed him out. Our house already had this little cat door going into the laundry room, which has been perfect, but there is no little cover to shut them in there so I tried my best with the pan I was holding. It didn't work very well, but it made for some hilarious pictures :-). (and don't worry that dish went right back into the dishwasher to be cleaned again)
.and update on the cats, we started to spray them with water when they climbed up the tree and it only took a few sprays for them to catch on. hopefully they will learn that quickly with everything else too.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
While I was smashing candy canes to make peppermint bark (which unfortunately didn't turn out very well this year), Mike took pictures of the girls having a leaf fight. They would shout, "1,2,3, leaf fight!" and then throw them at each other.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I think these are from Thursday morning. Our neighbors across the street were having their yard done and Preston was enthralled. Not to mention the seat he made out of Mike's amp was pretty cute too :-).
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
It was also a much better option than what he found to do later that morning...draw on his face with my makeup. :-)
Photobucket

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Your cat solution pictures are hilarious! I hope the water spraying keeps working to keep those cats in line :-)

Diane said...

The cat pictures are hilarious and I like the ones throwing the leaves.

Katie B said...

hahaha, I'm cracking up at the cat pictures!

Kayley said...

why didn't I know about the dance recital??? :((((