Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Santa Came!

But first, some pictures from Cheryl of Christmas Eve...
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I think Mike took this one with her camera. Oh, how I need a wide angle :-). I love that you can see the whole room and pretty much everyone in it!
Photobucket
Mike and I were pleasantly surprised that no children (or cats for that matter) woke us up until a little before 7am! A typical morning for us starts around 6:30am so it was a treat! Preston actually even slept in until nearly 7:30am, and we decided to just let him sleep and go downstairs with the girls. It would have been mean to make them wait!
I don't think any reaction will ever match 2008's, but the girls definitely were happy with what Santa brought them!
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Santa even left the kitties a little bag of treats and a laser pointer toy.
Preston joined the party not too much later. I was surprised that it took him so long to notice his big car. He loves it though and is quite possessive of it if Addie tries to go for a ride. Sharing is one of his goals for 2011 :-). After taking some time to look through all the Santa goodies we opened our presents from each other and relaxed and played.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
(I'll have to explain Preston's face bandaids later)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Nothing says Christmas morning like treats from you stocking for breakfast :-).
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
After a nice morning watching one of the new movies from Santa and playing with the fun new toys, we all got dressed in new Christmas clothes and headed over to my parents' house for our yummy brunch. I posted the menu here. YUM is all I have to say. I think I look forward to brunch the most...I just love breakfast food!
Photobucket
And some more pictures from Cheryl of the morning...
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
After our yummy brunch, it was movie time. Mike and I traded off watching the kids so we both could see one with the rest of the gang. I went and saw How Do You Know and Mike got to see True Grit. He had been dying to see the movie and I was going to buy tickets for us to go see it as a Christmas present (just to be a nice wife, I had NO desire to see it). So I was thrilled when at our family dinner on the 23rd people started talking about going to see it on Christmas day. We went out to eat on Monday night for our date instead and he still got to see the movie. A win-win :-)!
It was such a fun Christmas! I'm sad we have to wait a whole year for the next one to come around :-)!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Yum Christmas brunch. I love Preston's goal for 2011. We saw "True Grit" too and thought it was great with excellent acting, what did Mike think?

Kayley said...

These videos are so fun and cute to watch! I loved Ella being excited that Preston got marshmallows since he can't have candy :-)

Cheryl Joy said...

So much fun! We can't wait to visit again! xoxo