Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie SocietyThe Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


LOVED this book!!! It was the first book I have read in awhile that had me instantly captivated. When I finished it last night I was sad that it was over because I wanted to continue following the lives of the people on the island of Guernsey. The entire book is written as a collection of letters which makes for great fun in hearing stories from a variety of perspectives. If you haven't read it yet, you should!
I'm hosting our book club meeting for it tomorrow night and I'm excited :-)!

View all my reviews

3 comments:

The Larrabees said...

You are an earlie riser! Thanks to your review a while ago about this book I read it and I agree, it's a great story. I read it at the hospital when Adyson was born and then after during our nursing sessions :) thanks!!

Laurie said...

I have been wanting to read that? Do you own it? If so, can I borrow it?

the Holyoaks said...

I read this book a year and a half ago maybe and loved it too! Such a good story and not a huge bummer like so many WWII books are.