Thursday, December 29, 2011

Transitioning

We have been enjoying our Christmas break...time with family, a couple excursions, eating out, playing with friends and home improvement projects. Mike and I are in the middle of painting our kitchen cabinets white and then painting the walls of the kitchen and family room. It is making me want to re-do the whole house! We have been here for 5 years and I'm ready for change, so this has been mostly fun :-). We are taking Tom to a new home tomorrow and though I am excited, I am also feeling sad and guilty about it too. We'll see how it goes. I did my first maternity shoot this week for one of Ella's teachers and it was a lot of fun to do something new. And of course there has been lots of playing with new Christmas toys, watching new movies, and playing outside in the nice warm weather. So, that is what we have been up to, oh and also staying up too late...I am beginning to crave my schedule again!
But back to the catching up...
We finished up our last 2 days in San Antonio with golfing for the boys, resale shopping for the girls, eating...and more eating, a nativity photo-op with the cousins (thanks to Britt's persistence), and more relaxing with the whole Freeman clan. We were surprised to find our hotel had an indoor pool and managed to find swimsuits for the kids (or clothes that were close enough) at a little resale shop near the hotel. Our morning routine became eat breakfast, go swimming, get ready, and head to Meema and Papa's. The kids LOVED it!!! Although Preston was a little out of control due to lack of sleep by the end, overall it was once again a fun and relaxing trip (not cooking for almost a week was awesome!). We are excited to be heading back again soon for Mac's baby blessing.
12-20-11-1
12-20-11-2
12-20-11-3
I hate not being able to control the focus when I put my camera on "auto" to use the flash. Dustin was the cutest little wise man and didn't even mind that huge jewel hanging down his face.
12-20-11-4
12-20-11-5
We got home from San Antonio and had one day to recoup a bit, and do LOTS of laundry, before all the fun with my side of the family began. Everyone came to hang out at our house on the 23rd. We chatted, ate appetizers, watched Elf and played a game. It was just what I was wanting to do with all of us together!
12-23-11-1
12-23-11-2
12-23-11-3

2 comments:

Jill said...

I'm so excited to see your kitchen cabinets! I LOVE white!

Chrissy said...

Can I come help with the remodel?!? (And is that a Canon thing? Having to be in auto to use the flash?)