Monday, March 19, 2012

The Madonnas of Leningrad

The Madonnas of LeningradThe Madonnas of Leningrad by Debra Dean

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This is the first book club selection I have been really excited to read in a few months and I really liked it! It was a super fast read and hard for me to put down once I started. I was fascinated by the parts of the book that happened in the past but skimmed a bit during the current parts (I particularly didn't care about Helen for some reason?). Although I appreciated the perspective on what it may be like for a person suffering from Alzheimer's, I wanted to know more about surviving the war and think a whole book about just that would have been incredibly fascinating. I enjoyed the descriptions of the art more than I would have thought as well. I think the book will have a great discussion...can't wait!


View all my reviews

No comments: