Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Mike's Other Dream Come True

Mike has dreamt of driving an RV, going on a trip in an RV, and/or owning an RV for quite some time. After watching their prices and keeping an eye on those coming up for sale for what seemed like a long time to me :-), the perfect one came up...and we bought it. Yep, we are the proud owners of a huge beast of a road machine! We are all excited about it though and we are having fun planning a big summer road trip where we can travel in the comfort of our home on wheels.
When our friends Brooklynn and Ian took the grand tour one afternoon, they also fell in love instantly and really wanted to go in it while it was driving. Since we were driving it to storage the next day they came along for the ride. Mike drove, I tried to manage the kids in back and Emily followed us there in the Expedition. It was a fun mini-adventure :-).
(we just drove it to San Antonio Easter weekend to surprise Mike's fam and Chrissy took this pic for us)
RV
3-29-12-1
3-29-12-2
3-29-12-6
I took these really quick while we were driving, I'll have to get better ones but it is pretty spacious, especially the bathroom.
3-29-12-4
3-29-12-5
3-29-12-7
The kids love it up there and as soon as we stop want to climb up
...it is not allowed while driving!
3-29-12-9

13 comments:

Katie Bradley said...

That is so funny and fun and awesome! I can't wait to see what adventures you guys take!

Jeff said...

Amy sent me to your blog because, like Mike, I have a dream of owning an RV. It's so bad, that I spend my lunch break looking at used RV's online. How awesome!

Marci said...

You should just buy one Jeff :-)!

Amy said...

Don't give him any ideas, Marci!!!

Sarah S said...

that's awesome Marci!! I have high expectations that Chicago is on your summer road trip list?? :) (though I'm trying to picture where you could park that near our house... Northwestern's football parking lot might be a good spot :) It's just down the street...

Laurie said...

That is awesome!! (And totally unexpected for some reason) My Grandpa had one just like that. I was just telling Brett the other day that the best ones have a bed above the driver!! Enjoy!

Melanie said...

Wha? That's so fun! Where do you keep an RV that you own? I think this is the coolest thing ever:)

Marci said...

Sarah, Chicago isn't on the map this year, but maybe the next time :-)! And Melanie all the storage places will let you rent a spot.

Katie said...

Soo the question is...How do you like driving it?

Brittany said...

It was so fun to take a little drive with you guys when you came for Easter! I know you're going to be very happy with your purchase. And I have to apologize for breaking your rule and letting Dustin crawl around up top mid-ride. Never again!

KelleyAnne said...

That trip this summer will be unforgettable to the kiddles. I love all the fun memories you are making!

Jeff said...

Working on Amy little by little...

Marci said...

Haha :-)!