Saturday, July 14, 2012

Colorado - Exploring Denver

We made it to Denver, found a parking spot for our night and headed out in the car to explore a bit. We looked up a playground in the city for the kids to get some wiggles out and trying to find a place to park to go to it provided us with the opportunity to see a lot of the city. I really liked the downtown area. It was super clean and had a fun vibe to it. After playing a bit we headed over to Casa Bonita for some dinner. It is a big Mexican restaurant that is like a little theme park inside. My mom worked there when she was in high school and when I was in high school my club volleyball team went to a tournament in Denver and we went to eat there, so it has some sentimental value for me. The kids thought it was a lot of fun and overall it was, but the food itself was pretty gross. Oh well, I'm still glad we went for the experience :-). Plus we found my mom's name on the Service Honor Roll plaque...awesome :-)!
7-9-12-35
7-9-12-28
7-9-12-29
7-9-12-32
7-9-12-34
7-9-12-30
7-9-12-31
7-9-12-33
7-9-12-44
7-9-12-36
7-9-12-37
7-9-12-41
7-9-12-42
7-9-12-40
7-9-12-39
7-9-12-38
7-9-12-43
On the drive back to our own RV for the night we saw this little teeny one up on a poll...it was picture worthy.
7-9-12-45

6 comments:

Diane Freeman said...

I love Denver, it is one of my favorite cities....for all the reasons you mentioned. Looks like fun!

Marti said...

Good ol Casa Bonita, you're right. fun place, but gross food.
I'm from Denver and most of my family still lives there. Jealous, you are visiting my hometown. Looks like you are having fun. ENJOY!!!

Laurie said...

My childhood best friend's brother worked at Casa Bonita as a diver. Love that place!

Kirsten said...

Makes me miss Denver! I know exactly where that park is. We never went to Casa Bonita because I've never heard anything good about the food, but its all about the experience right? :) Glad you are having fun!

M said...

My cousins lived in Denver (Lakewood) growing up and I went there ever summer. Casa Bonita is part of my "Growing up" memories! Do they still have the divers?

Marci said...

Yes they do :-)!