Monday, July 23, 2012

Helena - The Parade and More Fun

After finishing up the family picture extravaganza we ate some lunch back at Janna's and then ran out the door to the parade. Oh, I forgot to mention that Saturday morning...the picture day, mind you...Preston threw up. He does that sometimes. Throws up a couple times and then he's fine. Of course he always picks the most inconvenient days to do it and I am always worried that the one time I try to keep to schedule anyway will be the day that it is actually the flu and he'll infect everyone he comes in contact with. Luckily, it was NOT the flu and I think he smiled some for the pictures.
So, by lunch and parade time, Preston was good to go. The parade was through the cute little downtown of East Helena and had some fun cars to see. The kids got lots of candy and popscicles too! Pretty good parade loot if you ask me :-).
We headed back home for playing and dinner. Then Janna's friend brought over THE most incredible dessert. One of my favorites of all time, seriously. It was a dutch oven berry cobbler that was to die for. I had it for breakfast the next morning before we headed out on the road and have told everyone I have come in contact with since all about it. I loved it. I may drive back to Helena for more soon :-).
That night when all the kids were in bed Janna introduced us to the Batman movies. She couldn't believe that neither Mike or I had seen any of them and we watched the first one with her and Kevin. We thought it was good and it got us excited to see the 2nd one before seeing the new movie.
We woke up Sunday morning, ate some breakfast, loaded up the RV and said our goodbyes. It was off to Glacier National Park! We had so much fun with the Beechers though. The kids had a blast, we were fed yummy food all weekend long and I loved getting to catch up with Janna again. Thanks guys and come to Houston anytime to escape your winter :-)!
Addie made Paxton hold her hand while we walked over to the parade...too cute!
7-14-12-6
7-14-12-7
7-14-12-8
7-14-12-9
7-14-12-10
7-14-12-11
7-14-12-12
7-14-12-13
7-14-12-14
7-14-12-15
7-14-12-16
7-14-12-17
7-14-12-18
7-14a-12-1
7-14a-12-2
7-14a-12-3
7-14a-12-4
7-14a-12-5
7-14a-12-6
7-14a-12-8
7-14a-12-7
7-14a-12-9
7-15-12

2 comments:

Diane Freeman said...

How nice to be able to meet Janna's family. Addie and Paxton make a cute little couple ;) Janna is fantastic photographer....and you are too! Can't wait to get the one of these family photos, I have a place in the hallway waiting for it.

Kayley said...

Aw! I love Janna :). I CAN'T WAIT to see your family pictures (and use them in my Christmas card samples- haha!).