Tuesday, July 10, 2012

On the Road!

The Freeman's epic adventure has begun! Our original plan was to leave Sunday night, but when we were nearly ready on Friday (and very excited to get started), we decided to try for Saturday night instead. I made sure my class could be handled on Sunday and then it was official...we were off. We finished up our last minute preparations during the day (dropping off Blubby at Nana's, getting the RV completely organized, making sure Beauty was all set to be watched after, getting my eyebrows threaded :-) and picking up the last minute items we thought of), the girls and I attended a baptism of one of Ella's friends and we were ready to hit the road!!! We were all so excited for it to finally begin!
The kids had been especially thrilled about the surprises I had promised along the way and the first one came before we pulled out of the neighborhood...new pillow pets. The girls have been dying for the ones that go in their homes that make noise, so I couldn't wait to see their faces when they got them. I think it was about 6:30pm when we left, so they watched a movie and then I got them all tucked in for the night.
7-7-12-1
7-7-12-2
7-7-12-3
7-7-12-4
Mike is a champion driver and drove forever. I stayed up with him for a bit and then got some sleep myself. Since we left earlier than planned we decided to just park and sleep awhile instead of having me take over the driving.  I was relieved! I am so scared to drive this beast :)!
In the morning as soon as the kids woke up they wanted to see what was in their backpacks. Most of it was the same as our FL trip, but some new games were extra exciting...especially for Preston who didn't have his own device to use before.
We ate our first breakfast in the RV and then hung out the rest of the day while Mike drove.
7-8-12-1
7-8-12-2
The kids did great our first marathon day! Everything was new and exciting so it actually went really, really well! We watched new movies, played with stickers, ate lunch, looked out the window, marked off where we were going on our maps, played with our electronic games and had some school time too. So far so good!
7-8-12-3
7-8-12-4
7-8-12-5
7-8-12-6
7-8-12-7
That night we stopped in Pueblo, CO. We got some dinner, got some wiggles out and settled in for our first real night in the RV. The shower was awesome and it is seriously so fun to have a little house with us wherever we go. I love having my little closets and pantry and bathroom and activities cupboards all organized. For someone who loves having things in their place like me, it really is a fun way to travel. I'm an RV believer now :-)!

7 comments:

Cheryl Joy said...

That is SO neat! Preston looked SO happy in that photo... just love it. This is going to be such an adventure. And in their little worlds it will be the coolest thing that EVER happened. :)

Krista said...

So I pretty much decided this is the coolest trip ever! Can't wait to hear all about your travels and adventures. You are making me an RV believer too! :)

Diane said...

Thank you SO MUCH for posting! It is really fun to hear all about your adventure in your comfy accommodations. The kids look so cute and happy! You are making wonderful memories....can't wait for the next post!

Amy said...

I'm glad it's going well. I'm excited to hear about all the adventures. Have fun!

Katie said...

Ellie LOVES her pillow pet with it's own house that makes noise!!!! After all the packing/unpacking I've done in the last month I'm starting to think that you have the right idea! Have a fabulous trip!!!

Laurie said...

That sounds like so much fun! You are traveling in style!

Melanie said...

Having just come home from driving through the night squished in a minivan - this looks so heavenly!!! Have fun on your trip... we'll miss you guys!