Friday, July 27, 2012

Road Trip Reading

At the beginning of our trip I was getting some good reading in, but since we have been able to have consistent internet, I have been more focused on keeping up with all the pictures I am taking. So I have instead been trying to blog things before I forget rather than reading the other 2 books I brought along. I really enjoyed the 2 road trip reads I did finish though.
Ella on the other hand has been a reading machine! We brought along quite a few chapter books and she has been breezing through them. I am so glad she has officially caught the reading bug and I hope it continues once school starts up again!

Ella's reads:
American Girl Rebecca books 1-6, Box Car Children 1, Mr. Popper's Penguins, The Little Princess, How to (Almost) Ruin Your School Play, Christmas in Camelot and Ghost Town at Sundown (both Magic Treehouse), and Bad to the Bone.

Marci's reads:
RoomRoom by Emma Donoghue

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was surprised by how much I liked this book. Every section of the book was interesting and held my attention plus the having the point of view from a child enhanced it. The author did a good job of handling the topics in a way that you understood everything without needing unnecessary details which I appreciated. It really made me think about why we are the way we are and how much our environment is a part of shaping us. What could have been a depressing story was written in a way that was thought provoking and hopeful instead.


The Secret Life of BeesThe Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I don't know what it was exactly, but I really loved this book. I loved the characters and the descriptions of the bees. I loved the pink house and the current events thrown in. Definitely my favorite book I have read recently and perfect for summer!

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Annemarie said...

I am so impressed with your trip blogging! Looks like an AMAZING vacation!