Monday, August 27, 2012

Ella's Baptism

confirmation
Saturday was a very special day for Miss Ella Bella! She got baptized a member of our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Ella was able to have nearly all her extended family and so many of her closest friends there to be a part of it all, making it that much more special. I had been a little stressed while planning (I was seriously having nightmares where I forgot to do things like ask people to speak or print a program...I'm going to be a disaster when they get married!). But thanks to my awesome helpers (especially Kayley who designed the invite and program and my mom who supplied nearly all the decorations and helped me set-up and clean-up) and all of our family who participated in the program, it turned out beautifully. Plus, I was able to sit and really enjoy the moment once it began, which was very important to me. Having the baptism the Saturday before school begins was a little crazy, but I know Ella was excited to have it done, especially receiving the Holy Ghost, before school started today. Thank you to everyone who came and made her feel loved and special as she accomplished this first big milestone in life! And Ella, we are so proud of you!
Web
8-25-12-3
8-25-12-5
8-25-12-9
8-25-12-8
The white bowl was later filled with bacon wrapped lit'l smokies...one of Ella's favorites. That morning when I asked how she was feeling about everything she said she was a little nervous. When I asked what was making her nervous she told me she was worried there wouldn't be enough lit'l smokies for her :-).
8-25-12-7
8-25-12-12
BaptismProgramFront
I scanned the inside and no matter what I do it cuts the top off.
Able to be a part of her confirmation were: Papa, Greatfrog, Grandad, Uncle Scott, and Josh Pratt, who is nearly a brother to Dad.
img365
Nana made this special baptism towel.
I had never heard of these, but thought it was such a cute idea.
8-25-12-10
8-25-12-11
8-25-12-14
8-25-12-15
Uncle Scotto had to leave for work before we were able to take our family picture.
8-25-12-13
with Josh and his family
8-25-12-16
with the Freeman side
8-25-12-1
with the Miner side
8-25-12-17

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

What a perfect little event! Wish we could have been there.

the Holyoaks said...

She looks so pretty and everything else looks so nice! What a memorable baptism. I love the towel too! I've never seen that!

apewinterton said...

Marci, everything looks so beautiful. Hard to believe that these little girls are so grown up!