Thursday, April 4, 2013

Cutting For Stone

I did it! I finally finished a book again!!! This is my first one since Christmas break and I am feeling mighty proud of myself :-)!

Cutting for Stone Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have been wanting to read this book for a long time and finally, with book club helping me get started, I did it!
I absolutely loved it. It involved so many things that interest me...African culture, food, medicine and of course wonderfully developed and complicated relationships. It was a very long book, but it didn't feel long while reading it. I loved many of the characters because they seemed so real and I also hated some for the same reason. The author writes beautifully and in such detail that it is easy to be transported to another place while reading. I would have given it 5 stars if only for a few intimate scenes that I didn't feel were necessary to the overall story (in such detail). Overall I would definitely recommend it.

View all my reviews

No comments: