Monday, November 4, 2013

Quiet

Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop TalkingQuiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Although it took me quite awhile to get through this entire book I found it fascinating and I think everyone should read it. I found myself analyzing everyone around me and trying to figure out where they were on the introvert/extrovert spectrum :-). There were some great insights into my own little family that I especially loved. I found myself constantly telling Mike everything I was reading because I was so interested by all the studies and examples the author shared.
One of my favorite sections described people who are high-reactive, which describes Addie so well. There was a lot to be said about them but here is one of my favorite quotes, "...many children are like dandelions, able to thrive in just about any environment. But others, including the high-reactive types that Kagan studied, are more like orchids: they wilt easily, but under the right conditions can grow strong and magnificent."



View all my reviews

No comments: