Saturday, April 26, 2014

Mike's Trip to the Masters

Mike was lucky enough to get to go to the Masters again this year and was gone the 8th-10th of April. His dad was able to go again and this year Zach got to join the party, which was made possible because he was recovering from surgery on his leg. So although it made it a little tough for him to get around, he wouldn't have been there otherwise so it was good timing.
They got there on Tuesday and went in for half a day and then for the full day on Wednesday. They lucked out with beautiful weather (Monday was completely rained out and they closed the course for the day) and had a fabulous time.
I really made it difficult for Mike to take pictures there though. I had planned to not do any shoots during the days he was gone so he could take the nice camera and my favorite lens that goes to a wider angle. Then I totally forgot and scheduled a newborn shoot and had to reschedule a shoot that was supposed to be before the trip (due to bad weather) to a day during the trip. When he talked about taking the camera the night before he was leaving it all came back to me and I felt so bad!!! I stressed over what to do but it would have been hard to reschedule both the shoots again. I did send him with my 50mm and borrowed Kayley's for the newborn shoot instead but I still felt terrible about it and kept thinking about it the whole time he was gone. Then I got a text Tuesday afternoon that he had taken a few pictures before realizing there was no memory card in the camera! Oh my goodness, I almost died!!!! Luckily he was able to buy one at Walmart that night so he could at least get some pictures on Wednesday. If he ever goes back again he will get to take it all though!
I didn't edit these pictures at all (because I don't have time), but Mike says,
"all of the close shots i got of the golfers were on the tee box at the 17th. we could literally reach out and touch them and hear them talk with their caddies. we stayed there for probably about an hour and just watched them play through."
001
004
008
this is of Bubba Watson, the eventual winner of the tourney (and Mike's pick to win it all :-)
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Those are some really great pictures! Especially unedited!