Monday, June 2, 2014

Preston, the Preschool Graduate

Preston's preschool graduation ceremony was the morning of May 8th. While it was nice to have it during the day since we are so busy in the evenings, it was also a bit of a bummer that Mike and the girls couldn't come. Luckily Nana and Grammy were able to attend and make Preston feel special on his big day. This was our first year at Grace Fellowship for preschool and I was beyond impressed! Preston truly had a magnificent preschool experience and I'm so glad we were lucky enough to get a spot here. There were so many hands on activities to explore each topic they learned about that each week when I got the email about what they had been up to I felt guilty for not sending the girls there too :-)! We loved his sweet teachers and I tell everyone to try and get in to this school now when I talk to them. The graduation ceremony was adorable and Preston, who had a bad cough and ended up just going home with Nana after while I headed off to a shoot, actually sang almost all the songs! Part of me can't believe he is off to the BIG school in the fall and the other part of me knows he is beyond ready to move on to bigger and better things. Hooray for Preston!
here comes Preston's class :-)
5-8-14-1
5-8-14-1a
5-8-14-2
5-8-14-2a
my favorite song because he pointed at me :-)

my second favorite, because the words are so sweet

5-8-14-2b
And lots more for your viewing pleasure :-)





Before getting their diplomas, each class sang a song on their own and the parents of that class could come up and get a better picture taking spot for the diploma handing off moment :-).
5-8-14-3

5-8-14-4
Ms. Katie and Ms. Lori, Preston's two teachers
5-8-14-5
5-8-14-6
Prest started walking off the stage fast before stopping for a picture, but they caught him
5-8-14-7
5-8-14-8
5-8-14-11
5-8-14-9
He's been my little cling-on the past month, not wanting me to leave him anywhere (friends' houses, gym, the drop-in childcare place I use when I have shoots). It is weird and can make my life difficult, but I'm glad he loves me so much. Hopefully he's over it by August though!
5-8-14-12
5-8-14-14
5-8-14-15
5-8-14-13
During the graduation they showed a slide show made by the music teachers and I was blown away by how much fun the kids had in music! Preston never told me much about his days (surprise :-)!) so it was fun to see him doing all these fun activities. They gave us a disc the slide show and their Christmas program and these are pictures of slides with Preston in them...to make my Blurb book making easier once I catch up.
preston14
preston15
preston12
preston16
Prest and his buddy Ryan
preston13
preston17
preston18
preston19
preston20
preston21
preston22
Preston's teachers gave the kids each a memory book and I LOOOVE it! Here are pictures of some of the pages showing just some of the fun events of the year:
5-8-14
preston1
preston2
preston3
preston4
preston5
preston6
preston7
preston8
preston11
preston9
preston10
Ahhh, it feels good to have that blogged!

No comments: