Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Goodbye 1st and 4th Grade!!!

Thursday, June 5th, was the girls' last day of school! Ella didn't want to dress cute for me...she is definitely into her sports-wear lately :-). We ended up missing the End of Year Celebration evening the week before where we go to their rooms, pick up all their projects and sign year books. I would never have dreamt of missing it in the past but this year the spring had been CRAZY so when the girls said they didn't care if we went, we didn't go. Next year I'm sure we will be back since it will be Preston's first year, but it was a nice little break. I did miss out on some photo-ops with teachers, etc. though.
Here are the girls in the morning before school and then pictures of their art work, some of my favorite projects from school and their end of year awards (I thought I had saved more of Ella's work...woops!).
6-5-14-2
6-5-14-1
6-5-14-3
Adeline's 1st Grade Work...
girls1
girls2
girls4
girls5
I love this from the beginning of the year :-)!
girls6
girls7
girls8
girls9
A cute little book:
girls10
girls11
girls12
girls13
girls14
girls15
Addie LOVED doing this report on bald eagles. She has done several on her own since (in English)
girls16
girls17
girls18
girls19
girls20
holding one of the baby chicks they hatched
girls21
girls27
girls28
girls29
girls30
girls31
girls33
girls34
I forgot to post my main Mother's Day Card from Addie before and it is too amazing to not have documentation of:
girls23
girls24
girls25
girls26
girls22
And miss Gabriella's work from 4th grade...
girls36
girls37
girls38
girls39
girls40
girls41
girls42
girls46
I don't know where the final copy of Ella's story went but one of her big end of year projects was writing a historical fiction story in Spanish. I just have a copy of the report on the event, which is a bummer. Each student picked an event from history and Ella did the San Francisco earthquake of 1906. She wrote a cute story and then made a huge 3D replica of her setting. They worked on it all in class, so aside from a trip to the craft store to buy her supplies, I didn't help at all and she did it all on her own. It turned out awesome!
6-2-14
girls43
girls44
girls45
girls47
girls48
girls49
girls50
She helped write the school "newspaper" the 2nd half of the year.
girls51
girls53

No comments: