Wednesday, March 16, 2016

A Party For Grandma's 80th!

On Thursday, March 3rd, we had a beautiful luncheon to celebrate my grandmother turning 80. My mom put in a lot of time to make it gorgeous, down to the garlands and flowers made from pages of books since grandma is an avid reader (like a SUPER, crazy avid reader). Kayley helped her decorate, we got the food prepped and then lots of her friends came to celebrate with her. It was fun to meet her neighbor friends, bunco group friends and then some of the friends from church I don't know. Memories were shared from little stories my grandfather wrote up and then from those of us who were there just sharing some favorite times with her. The highlight was definitely her best friend Joann making a surprise appearance all the way from Florida!
I am so thankful to have had such a close relationship with my grandma through out my life and especially thankful that my kids get to have the same memories with her I do from childhood. Grammy is always at swim meets, choir performances and any other important life occasion that comes up. We love her so much!!!
2
3
1
5
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18

19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30

31
33
34
3-3-16-1

No comments: