Friday, September 9, 2016

Back at It

And just like that we have nearly forgotten that only last month we were off adventuring! This week our activities are 100% back in full force so the evenings fly by but the kids are having fun (well, mostly, Ella is not thrilled about piano haha).
Here are a few moments from our first weeks back to normal life...
Ella had a great first week back to school and swimming and is mostly just excited to get to see her friends every day again :-)
8-26-16-2
Addie and Preston sporting their new school spirit wear (they both picked the same shirt this year)
8-26-16-1
Pokemon day and one of Addie's latest rainbow loom creations (she has been making all the Pokemon characters)
8-23-16-1
8-24-16
Mike's burger looked too good to not take a picture of ;-)
8-23-16-2
Addie's teacher posts pictures from the classroom on an app and I love seeing her at school!
8-24-16
8-31-16
8-30-16
Sometimes I just have to screen shot Ella's instagram posts :-)
8-27-16
Pie and reading buddy
8-27-16-2
In an effort to stay motivated to survive the next two months of craziness, we bought a map to hang above my desk and pinned all the places we have been and all the places we hope to go soon! So far it is working :-).
8-30-16-1
This made me laugh...
8-30-16-2
And these were delicious (and ruined my healthy eating for the week)...
9-1-16-1
We got an update that our little baby raccoon, who they are calling Rascal, is doing very well and will soon be joining some other rescued raccoons around his age so that they can bond and stick together when they are released into the wild.
9-1-16-2
Addie and Prest were so excited for a three-day weekend and got to spend the night together three times. They went to sleep a little later than usual but were getting along so well we didn't mind :-).
9-2-16

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike, I have wondered what happened to you, and Josh, and Heber several times over the years. Had some time on my hands the other day and decided to see if I could find you guys. Looks like you are doing awesome. Congratulations on an awesome family. I passed through David Wayne Hooks (NW side of Houston) just last night. Next time I am going to stop there for gas I may let you know via my wife's facebook account. Again, congratulations, Mike.

Jared