Tuesday, November 8, 2016

While the Boys are Away

I had big plans for fun with the girls while the boys were off on their little adventure, but we didn't get a chance to even go to a nice restaurant with our crazy schedule :-(. We had piano lessons, swim practice and a meeting at church Thursday evening and then Friday brought more swimming and the school Trunk or Treat. Addie had SOOO much fun at the trunk or treat running around with her buddies though (more on her costume later) and we won the school auction items that we really wanted, so it was a success.
Bright and early Saturday morning Ella was picked up by a friend to head to a far away swim meet and I dropped Addie off at my parents' house before heading downtown for a packed morning of photo shoots. Addie was ecstatic to spend the day with Nana though, especially because I had told her she would be coming to my shoots with me and then we would be hurrying right over to the rest of Ella's swim meet. Instead she had nice one-on-one time with Nana that included Addie's lunch of choice, Panera, and watching a movie. It was a long day for me and I was definitely glad when it was over. My shoots went really well, but it is exhausting to be "on" for that long while trying to get littles to smile. Ella had texted me after her first two races of the day and she hadn't done well, so I knew we were in for a long day at the meet once I finished my shoots. She had 5 individual races that day: 100 IM, 500 Free, 200 Free, 100 Breast and 100 Back plus two relays...in ONE day. It was insane and Ella was just not into it that day for whatever reason (it happens ;-). We didn't leave the pool until almost 7pm and since it wasn't going well anyway I REALLY just wanted to get home and see Mike and Preston, who kept calling me all evening because he missed me. The good news? We all survived ;-)!!! That evening Mike and I went to watch the Cubs game at one of our favorite nearby restaurants and the goat cheese app I love almost made up for everything that preceded it haha!
It was so good to all be home together again and the girls were promised a special date to get their nails done (the ultimate treat for them) as soon as we had a free couple hours!
10-28-16-1
10-28-16-2
10-28-16-3
10-28-16-5
10-28-16-4
10-28c-16-2
10-28-16-6

their friend Maria who doesn't go to the school anymore surprised them :-)!
10-28c-16-1
Ella that morning before school ready for the "pink-out" and then leaving swim practice that night
10-28-16
10-28c-16-4
swim meet (I'm not going to do a whole post on this meet)
10-29-16
Other highlights from the preceding week...
10-25-16
10-25-16-1
10-30a-16-1
And the kids had their primary program at church on October 22nd. It was the first year for Ella to be old enough to not participate and she was pretty excited about it :-). Addie and Preston did great on their little parts AND they both even sang all the songs this year! There was a row of older (ie, way taller) kids in front of Preston's class for whatever reason so we could hardly see him, but every once in a while we would get a peak of his cute singing face :-).
10-23-16-1

No comments: